Live OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• Just purchased a new computer.  Already have current and up to date OneCare subscription on 3 computers.  However, one of those computers is no longer in use...how do I add the new computer onto the subscription and get rid of one of the computers as you can only have OneCare on 3 computers.  As I mentioned the one computer is not in use at all....I just want to put this computer under that instead....cannot find help anywhere.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:14 AM

Answers

• Install OneCare on the new PC from http://onecare.live.com and activate with your subscription LiveID by clicking subscribe in OneCare and signing in.
    Optionally, make one of your existing PCs a Hub computer in your Circle (open OneCare, click "Manage your OneCare Circle")
    Then, you'll see a list of all of the PCs activated with your subscription LiveID. With each PC listed, you'll see the last activity date and a link to remove the PC. Click the remove link for the PC you want off of the subscription. It will cause OneCare to be unsubscribed on that PC if it connects to the network again and it will no longer be part of your subscription immediately upon clicking that link. After removing the PC, you can click to change the PC you made a Hub to not be a Hub PC.
    I note that this is optional, since you are already not using the other PC. If the PC is still alive, you can also simply uninstall OneCare from the PC and you'll be well within the terms of your license.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:11 PM

All replies

• Install OneCare on the new PC from http://onecare.live.com and activate with your subscription LiveID by clicking subscribe in OneCare and signing in.
    Optionally, make one of your existing PCs a Hub computer in your Circle (open OneCare, click "Manage your OneCare Circle")
    Then, you'll see a list of all of the PCs activated with your subscription LiveID. With each PC listed, you'll see the last activity date and a link to remove the PC. Click the remove link for the PC you want off of the subscription. It will cause OneCare to be unsubscribed on that PC if it connects to the network again and it will no longer be part of your subscription immediately upon clicking that link. After removing the PC, you can click to change the PC you made a Hub to not be a Hub PC.
    I note that this is optional, since you are already not using the other PC. If the PC is still alive, you can also simply uninstall OneCare from the PC and you'll be well within the terms of your license.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:11 PM
  • Thanks so much for help!  Much easier than I thought and I have it all figured out now!  I really appreciate your time and response!
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:45 PM