none
Cannot login to post comments on MS Documentation pages with my normal MS account credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Do I need a different account for commenting on https://docs.microsoft.com articles?

Regards Jörg

Friday, March 16, 2018 7:54 PM

Answers

• If you mean the link labeled "Sign in to give documentation feedback", it looks like you need to create a GitHub account. But if you click the "Give product feedback" link you can sign in with your MS account. If you are already authenticated (such as in TechNet) you only need to provide your account name and the system recognizes you. At least that is my experience.

Edit: All Microsoft documentation seems to be migrating to Docs, and the feedback system is changing. This blog post describes:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/teamblog/a-new-feedback-system-is-coming-to-docs

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, March 16, 2018 9:17 PM
  • The Connect platform we used in the past to provide feedback on Microsoft documentation has been retired. Many of the issues reported there are unresolved. The UserVoice system is also now seldom used. We no longer have a way to report documentation errors without creating another account in GetHub, which I don't want to do. I should use my MSA (Microsoft Account). Microsoft people are aware of the issue. I am working to encourage Microsoft to get all feedback systems to recognize our MSA, which is the only account that has a reputation, clearly identifies who we are, links to a contact email address, and has a recognition system so we get credit for our feedback.

But the issue is bigger. Our identities in Skype, Answers, MSDN\TechNet, etc., are not coordinated. And as an MVP I am encouraged to create Facebook and Yammer identities to continue to engage with the communities I have been involved with for years. It will take time for Microsoft to resolve this.

Saturday, March 17, 2018 2:18 PM

All replies

• If you mean the link labeled "Sign in to give documentation feedback", it looks like you need to create a GitHub account. But if you click the "Give product feedback" link you can sign in with your MS account. If you are already authenticated (such as in TechNet) you only need to provide your account name and the system recognizes you. At least that is my experience.

Edit: All Microsoft documentation seems to be migrating to Docs, and the feedback system is changing. This blog post describes:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/teamblog/a-new-feedback-system-is-coming-to-docs

Friday, March 16, 2018 9:17 PM
  • The Connect platform we used in the past to provide feedback on Microsoft documentation has been retired. Many of the issues reported there are unresolved. The UserVoice system is also now seldom used. We no longer have a way to report documentation errors without creating another account in GetHub, which I don't want to do. I should use my MSA (Microsoft Account). Microsoft people are aware of the issue. I am working to encourage Microsoft to get all feedback systems to recognize our MSA, which is the only account that has a reputation, clearly identifies who we are, links to a contact email address, and has a recognition system so we get credit for our feedback.

But the issue is bigger. Our identities in Skype, Answers, MSDN\TechNet, etc., are not coordinated. And as an MVP I am encouraged to create Facebook and Yammer identities to continue to engage with the communities I have been involved with for years. It will take time for Microsoft to resolve this.

Saturday, March 17, 2018 2:18 PM