OneCare backup format -- how do we make it user friendly RRS feed

• Question

• OneCare seems to be backing up my hard drive onto my external backup storage device in quite a strange format -- seemingly serially stored in files numbered from 1, 2, 3, ....up to 300+..   As such, the file structure does not resembe the format of the folders and is all but unsearchable.   How do we view this backup data in a "traditional" Windows Explorer way -- ie, in a way that resembles the way the original looks ?   (it will take hours to find a couple files I'm looking for, in this strange OneCare backup format).   Anyone know how to make the backup date more searchable ?

Monday, November 3, 2008 2:20 AM

Answers

• There is no user friendly way to browse your One Care backups. Improved user experience and functionality in One Care Backup is high on many wish lists for One Care 3.0.

Monday, November 3, 2008 4:26 AM

All replies

• There is no user friendly way to browse your One Care backups. Improved user experience and functionality in One Care Backup is high on many wish lists for One Care 3.0.

Monday, November 3, 2008 4:26 AM
  • You don't browse your backups via Windows Explorer.

You open the backup set in OneCare and search for the file or files you wish to restore using the OneCare restore wizard. I agree that this is less than ideal, but it is functional, at least.

-steve

Monday, November 3, 2008 6:17 PM