Unable to access my Home Server via Remote Access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have configured my Home Server to use Remote Access and it configures correctly communicating with my D-Link DIR-615 router but I cannot access my Server Remote Access Homepage for some reason. I have UPnP enabled on my router and WHS is updated with all the latest powerpacks (PP3). I have tried disabling UPnP and manually setting up port forwarding but that just failed on the configuration of Remote Access whereas letting it set up automatically with UPnP seems to succeed initially then I get a Yellow Alert stating Port Forwarding On Your Router Has Failed resulting in me having to set it up again. I think it may be the D-Link Router is not supported but it works with other applications that use UPnP like Games for Windows LIVE with no problems.
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:42 PM

Answers

• Have you tried to access your server's Remote Access site from somewhere other than your home? If not, could you do so? Also, if you're running multiple applications (on multiple computers) that use port forwarding, it may be that some other computer uses one of the ports that Windows Home Server uses, and is taking it back after Windows Home Server configures it.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Mightee Mo Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:43 AM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:34 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to access your server's Remote Access site from somewhere other than your home? If not, could you do so? Also, if you're running multiple applications (on multiple computers) that use port forwarding, it may be that some other computer uses one of the ports that Windows Home Server uses, and is taking it back after Windows Home Server configures it.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Mightee Mo Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:43 AM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:34 PM
  • That's not really an option until tomorrow morning but there's one desktop and one notebook connected to the router so I doubt it's conflicting ports.

I'll connect a mobile internet dongle to my mum's laptop when she returns from work and see if it can connect to the server console remotely and let you know how I got on.

• Edited by Mightee Mo Thursday, April 1, 2010 5:21 AM added extra
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:16 PM
  • I tried connecting with my mum's notebook using a T-Mobile wireless internet dongle and it worked fine, thanks Ken.
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:45 AM