none
System Center Operations Manager 2012 SDK: Is there a ways to get MonitoringAlerts by ManagementPack?

Question

• I have a couple of question on SCOM 2012 SDK usage:

1. In SCOM 2012 SDK, GetMonitoringAlerts API has various overloads that allow user (client) to filter alerts by properties, management class etc. but I do not find a way to filter the alerts by management pack.

I can achieve it by enumerating classes in a management pack and then querying alerts for each class, but this would result in a lot of calls to management server. I wanted to check if there's a easier way to perform this operation.

2. I do not see any support for sorting/paging alert data, does the SDK support server side sorting/paging of data?

PS: I could not find SCOM forum, please re-direct to appropriate forum if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Himanshu

• Moved by Fred Bao Monday, February 09, 2015 3:28 AM Move From .NET Framework Class Library Forum
    Friday, February 06, 2015 12:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello hemaanshu,

I move this thread to the "where is the forum for..." forum so that there are forum experts woudl help redirect it to a proper forum.

The current forum you posted to is used to discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 09, 2015 3:27 AM
  • Thanks Fred,

I'd appreciate if this reaches the System Center Operations Manager SDK Forum/Team.

Thank you.

Warm Regards

Himanshu Agarwal

Monday, February 09, 2015 4:11 AM
  • The scom forums are over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=systemcenteroperationsmanager&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, February 09, 2015 4:14 AM