Microsoft Money 99 (Stock Quote Update Options) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

recently resurrected MS Money 99 and was wondering if any of you could recommend a method of updating Online Quotes? Gaier appears to not be compatible with this previous edition and same goes for hleofxquotes so I'm interested in how any of you may have developed a work around of sorts in lieu of the tedious manual entries.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Monday, June 24, 2019 7:09 PM

All replies

• Is there a reason that you do not want to update to Money 95 (UK or International) or Sunset (North America).  That would solve your problem.--

Peace,

BobJ

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:50 AM
  • I think PocketSense might do that. It can get the quotes from Yahoo, and send the quotes in via OFX file. You would want to only run that after market close. Where MS Money Quotes can update the price thru the day, if you use the OFX method, only the first set of quotes per day would work.

If you did this, you would want to use the method of having a fake account and so forth described for Money 2005. I have not tried this for versions older than Plus, but I think it should work. However you should do experiments with a copy of your Money file, or keep some extra backups. Backups are your way to undo something. You should have multiple vintages of backup, and you should have backups on more than one drive in case your hard drive fails.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:44 PM
  • BobJ, 

Yes, I finally threw in the towel and am in the process of populating my records in Sunset. I was attempting to save my input in 99 and although Pocketsense would prepare the OFX to merge into my dummy account, 99 would confirm it received it but it would not process and reflect updated quotes. 

As a follow-up, would anyone know of a clever way to get historical prices imported into MS Money?

Thanks again!

Alex

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:55 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion Cal,

I was attempting to save my input in 99 and although Pocketsense would prepare the OFX to merge into my dummy account, 99 would confirm it received it but it would not process and reflect updated quotes so I am now in the process of updating my records using Sunset.

As a follow-up, would anyone know of a clever way to get historical prices imported into MS Money?

Thanks again!

Alex

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:56 PM
  • I've written a stock quote updater that is able to import prices from a CSV file generated by Yahoo's historical prices download facility. I've tested this with Money 2004 and 2005 - I'd welcome any feedback as whether it works with Sunset. Further details on Github here.

Regards,

Jonathan.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:44 PM