Email router interception outbound email from OWA or Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have set up Email Router with a forward box, mail server is Ex2003. Inbound and outbound email is working, my only issue is when someone sends and email to a CRM contact from OWA or directly from Outlook (no client installed), email router doesn't seem to know about it. I haven't tested yet but I expect that replies made from Blackberry (BES server installed) won't be caught by email router either.

Is there any way to capture these outbound messages and track them in CRM?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 9:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

In order to track outbound emails, send them via CRM web client (it will utilize the Email Router) or install the client for Outlook and only then send emails from Outlook and track them from the client. If you don't have Outlook client and you send emails from Outlook, CRM does not know about them.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what will happen with BlackBerry - never tested it in a similar scenario :(.

I hope that helps,
    Kuba Skalbania
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:40 PM
  • Emails sent from OWA will not be tracked regardless of if you've if configured the user account to track via email router or outlook client.
    • Proposed as answer by sl_k83 Monday, June 22, 2009 4:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason Learmouth Monday, June 22, 2009 5:31 AM
    Monday, June 22, 2009 4:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

In order to track outbound emails, send them via CRM web client (it will utilize the Email Router) or install the client for Outlook and only then send emails from Outlook and track them from the client. If you don't have Outlook client and you send emails from Outlook, CRM does not know about them.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what will happen with BlackBerry - never tested it in a similar scenario :(.

I hope that helps,
    Kuba Skalbania
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:40 PM
  • Emails sent from OWA will not be tracked regardless of if you've if configured the user account to track via email router or outlook client.
    • Proposed as answer by sl_k83 Monday, June 22, 2009 4:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason Learmouth Monday, June 22, 2009 5:31 AM
    Monday, June 22, 2009 4:37 AM