Remove the hours in a date only merge field? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently using CRM 4.0 and I have a date entity that was created with the setting as Date Only, so it shows in CRM with only the date. This field in CRM pulls a date from Dynamics GP 10 automatically by using a 3rd party tool. However when we create a mail merge document it pulls from the database it seems because it pulls in 12:00AM after the date field.

Even when the word document is edited and the time removed when we print it, it prints with the Time showing still.

Is there any way to remove the time from showing in this mail merge field?

Monday, November 29, 2010 4:01 PM

Answers

• You can either use JavaScript to copy the value from the date/time field in CRM into a custom text field and format it how you want it. Or you should be able to format the merge field in Word: right click on the merge field, click Edit Field..., click Field Code and use switches to format the data.

For example, the switch \@ "dd/MM/yyyy" would result in 29/11/2010.

Here's a tutorial that might help if you're unfamiliar with mail merge switches: http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Hope this helps.

Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, November 29, 2010 5:30 PM
    Monday, November 29, 2010 4:14 PM

All replies

• You can either use JavaScript to copy the value from the date/time field in CRM into a custom text field and format it how you want it. Or you should be able to format the merge field in Word: right click on the merge field, click Edit Field..., click Field Code and use switches to format the data.

For example, the switch \@ "dd/MM/yyyy" would result in 29/11/2010.

Here's a tutorial that might help if you're unfamiliar with mail merge switches: http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Hope this helps.

Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, November 29, 2010 5:30 PM
    Monday, November 29, 2010 4:14 PM
  • Thank you Neil.... How about Email Templates?
    --- ATS2011
    Friday, April 8, 2011 6:42 PM