Download the 1105 update for UK version of Money 2005 RRS feed

All replies

• That is going to really simplify things for the UK users.

I suggest that UK users  keep a good copy of the UK2005Web.exe file, even if the need is not immediate.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:51 PM
  • I second that Cal, and thank you to Dominic for supplying that all-important link.

What worries me is how many users out there are totally unaware of all this, especially those running a small business and relying on data from Money 2005 to complete their end-of-year statements. 

I think Microsoft have been planning this for a while, as I notice the update server wasn't actually switched off until quite recently AND this v1105 update file is dated 7th July.

Either way, Microsoft finally listened and did something about it!  I'd like to think it was down to us going on about it for, well, years!  I wonder......

And thank you to everyone here who helped over the past months.

Mike
    Friday, July 29, 2011 7:49 AM
  • That link doesn't work properly.

When you take the download option it gives you a dialog box to download a file called UK2005web.exe with a filetype of HTML document, file size is 1.21kb.

You need to CANCEL that and you will then be returned to the "Thank you for downloading Money 2005 QFE2" page. On that page there is a hyperlink to take if the original download didn't start properly. Take that link and you will asked to download the proper file called Money2005-UK-QFE2.exec which has a filetype of Application and is 27.5 Mb in size.

Friday, July 29, 2011 11:26 AM
  • Looks like the main download link has now been fixed.

I have also used the file to test an install which works fine. Just to confirm what the download page says, the file can be used to do a full UK Money 2005 (level 1105) install. You do not have to install a previous version and then upgrade.

Friday, July 29, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Looks like the main download link has now been fixed.

I have also used the file to test an install which works fine. Just to confirm what the download page says, the file can be used to do a full UK Money 2005 (level 1105) install. You do not have to install a previous version and then upgrade.

Thanks. I presume I either misinterpreted or mis-remembered.
    Monday, August 1, 2011 8:47 PM