none
Windows 10 can't reinstall RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a HP 2570p laptop using Windows 8 Pro. When Microsoft offer for free upgrade to Windows 10, I upgrade to Windows 10. It run smooth until Windows 10 Anniversary update that can't be install. Then the problems start. Calculator, Photo and few other applications not function anymore and disable. I try to roll back to Windows 8 but error occur. I forgot to write down the error. I don't know what to do at that time so restore to original state. Unfortunately I can't activate my Windows 8 because it says my license are in use. So can someone help me how to activate my laptop. I'm not  having any budget to get new Windows for my laptop and why my license can't be activate. Please help me.
    • Moved by Naomi NModerator Friday, December 29, 2017 2:49 AM Not a forum's issue
    Friday, December 29, 2017 2:20 AM

Answers

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I believe you should ask your question in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum dedicated to Windows 10, such as this one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10

Search for similar questions, or click on "Participate" and select "Ask a Question". The Answers/Community forums are on a different platform, so we cannot move this question there. You will need to ask your question again. Sorry.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, December 29, 2017 2:39 AM

All replies

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I believe you should ask your question in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum dedicated to Windows 10, such as this one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10

Search for similar questions, or click on "Participate" and select "Ask a Question". The Answers/Community forums are on a different platform, so we cannot move this question there. You will need to ask your question again. Sorry.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, December 29, 2017 2:39 AM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid that the title "Windows 10 can't reinstall" is different from what you mentioned in the body text.
    Putting that aside....
    We can rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 within 30 days after upgrading from 8 to 10.
    You must have tried rollback over after 30 days. That is why you cannot rollback.
    And your license (originally belongs to Win.8.1) is used for Win.10.

I suppose that the best choice is to keep using Windows 10 and to update to the latest version (1709: Fall Creators Update). For this, you need to resolve the current issue. Please provide the current version of your Windows. (I guess it's 1511: November Update)
    You can see the current version:
    [Windows] key + [R] > type "winver" and [Enter]

Regards,

Ashidacchi

• Edited by Ashidacchi Friday, December 29, 2017 2:47 AM
    Friday, December 29, 2017 2:41 AM
  • If you need help installing Windows 1607, 1703, or 1709 that may be accomplished by troubleshooting the Panther logs.

These logs by default are hidden. 

Open file explorer > click view > check hidden items > search for these folders/files > post one drive or drop box share links into the thread:

C:\Windows\Panther
    setuperr.log
    setupact.log
    Setupmem.dmp
    setupapi.dev.log
    BlueBox.log
    Event logs (*.evtx)
    C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Rollback
    $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupmem.dmp
    $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupapi\setupapi.dev.log
    $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback*.evtx
    $Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther\UnattendGC
    miglog.xml
    Windows\Logs\Mosetup

When submitting the files please submit the most recent upgrade failure files.

To assess the computer environment please post these logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

It will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

Friday, December 29, 2017 2:51 AM