Check out MIX10 Session Planner (Beta) and tell us what you think RRS feed

• General discussion

• MIX10 Session Planner (Beta) uses Microsoft Silverlight together with a prerelease version of Sync Framework to cache conference data on your computer, enabling you to quickly browse, filter, and search conference information as well as select sessions of interest. Whether you are attending MIX10 or not, this application gives you a glimpse into what we’re currently working on for our upcoming 3.0 release, particularly with regard to offline applications that expose data from a SQL data store by using a REST-based synchronization protocol and connect to clients on any platform, including Silverlight.

The application is based on a demo that the Sync Framework team showed at PDC last year.  The demo was so well received that they decided to update it and actually make it available to conference attendees.  The application also provides a glimpse into what will be possible with their future 3.0 release.

Read more about this application on the Sync Framework blog.

Tell us what you think about this application and its synchronization features! Please post replies to this thread to give us your feedback or ask questions.

• Edited by Nina H Monday, March 1, 2010 11:52 PM update link
    • Changed type Nina H Monday, March 1, 2010 11:52 PM wrong type
    Monday, March 1, 2010 11:51 PM

All replies

• This is great - when is the sync framework 3.0 expected to be released? I could use this for a data intensive business application I am working on for a client.
    • Edited by miantosca Tuesday, March 9, 2010 2:16 PM spelling
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 2:16 PM
  • it would be great to hear more about the technical details of this app. I'll be at MIX10 so it will be interesting to hear the details there if nothing else
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:24 PM
  • I think its great! but the following feature adds would be very nice

1) Ability able to print the schedule..I'm not really going to crack open my laptop and launch this app every time I wanna see what I have planned next
    2) Ability to use the mouse wheel to scroll..or at least provide arrows at the top and bottom of the scrollbar...
    Friday, March 12, 2010 6:35 PM
  • Hi Miantosca,

We will have an invitation only CTP release for 3.0 soon. Please reply me with your email address if you are interested, I will follow up with you offline with detailed information.

Thanks,
    Nina

Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:47 PM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback! The mouse wheel was added before MIX for in-browser app. Print feature was not added because it is not supported in SL3, but we might consider to add it next time.

Thanks,
    Nina

Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:53 PM
  • Hey Dang,

We had a booth at MIX and I hope your questions have been answered. If not, we will have a CTP release for 3.0 soon, which will provide you all the technical details about this app and is invitation only. Just send me your email address and I will get you started from there.

Thanks,
    Nina

Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:56 PM
  • I did go to the booth and session and got some of my questions answered...what I was really looking for was the 3.0 ctp! The odate-sync teaser was very interesting but I really want to be part of the ctp release. It looks like I'm not smart enough to figure out how to send an email address to you...(other than posting it here)
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:48 PM
  • Hey Nina,

I am very interested into the CTP 3.0 of the Sync FX. Can you also send me an invitation for the CTP release? Would be great.

BTW: how can I drop you my mail?

Thanks,

Harald

Friday, March 26, 2010 5:20 PM
  • how can I get you my email address, I didn't want to post it to the forum
    Saturday, March 27, 2010 4:59 AM
  • Hi Dang,

Sorry, this should be my problem to solve. :) Please send your contact info to to the following email. Once I got your request, I will add you to our candidate list and keep you posted when the CTP becomes available.

Email: msf30ctp at microsoft dot com

Thanks,
    Nina

Thursday, April 1, 2010 6:01 PM
  • HI Miantosca,

Sure, our email address is: msf30ctp at microsoft dot com. (Sorry, I have to spell it out to avoid spam).

Thanks,
    Nina

Thursday, April 1, 2010 6:33 PM
  • Absolutely, Harald! Just send your contact information to the following email address. I will add you to the candidate list and keep you posted once the CTP becomes available.

Email: msf30ctp at microsoft dot com.

Thanks,
    Nina

Thursday, April 1, 2010 6:36 PM
  • Hi Nina,

I'm very interested in exploring the capabilities of MSF 3.0 CTP - we are in the prototyping phase for two projects that need to support offline operation and adhoc syncronization using SL4 OOB app.  I have sent you my details via email.  Any idea when the CTP will be available?

Daren
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 3:15 PM
  • HI Miantosca,

Sure, our email address is: msf30ctp at microsoft dot com. (Sorry, I have to spell it out to avi d spam).

Thanks,
    Nina

OK, I'll send an email with the specific problems to you.
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:10 AM