Where/why did Live Mesh go? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've been using Live Mesh in the UK and think it's great. I've had no problems with installation or synchronization between physical and virtual machines in various locations and the Live Desktop is very handy.

However at about 12.00 (GMT) today my Live Desktop disappeared and I couldn't get to any of my devices.

When I opened the Live Mesh site I was asked to log in as usual but was then faced with 'Live Mesh is currently available in the U.S. only'.

Does anyone know why it has suddenly, without warning, become a US only service?

Cheers,
    Adrian
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Adrian,

Fear not, Live Mesh has not gone US only - I'm using it right now! To fix this, try clearing out your cookies from your browser (either all of them, or just the ones related to mesh.com and live.com) and then try logging in again.

That should fix it - let us know either way!

Cheers,

Oren
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Adrian,

Fear not, Live Mesh has not gone US only - I'm using it right now! To fix this, try clearing out your cookies from your browser (either all of them, or just the ones related to mesh.com and live.com) and then try logging in again.

That should fix it - let us know either way!

Cheers,

Oren
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:59 PM
  • Hello Oren,

phew, I can see my mesh!

I shut down the Live Mesh client and IE, cleared the cookies then started Live Mesh client and IE and all is well.

Many thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
    Adrian
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:49 PM