none
How to know product key of my windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my laptop I have Windows 7 pre installed genuine for which I paid extra money to Dell. At back side of my laptop there was serial written but which I had not noted down Now I am unable to read that product key and I want to install os again. How to see my already genuine operating system's product key.

Because when I will install it will ask for activation code.

Please heeeeelpppppp

Sunday, May 15, 2011 8:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• "Tushar Trivedi" wrote in message news:d2703d8a-75ee-43f5-8e1c-5e0752825417...

Hi,

In my laptop I have Windows 7 pre installed genuine for which I paid extra money to Dell. At back side of my laptop there was serial written but which I had not noted down Now I am unable to read that product key and I want to install os again. How to see my already genuine operating system's product key.

Because when I will install it will ask for activation code.

Please heeeeelpppppp

If you use Dell's Recovery disks, they should not ask for a Key - they already contain Dell's OEM Key.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:34 AM
  • If you use Dell's Recovery disks, they should not ask for a Key - they already contain Dell's OEM Key.
    Maybe OP wants a clean install minus the OEM bloatware that comes bundled with the laptop & use the Dell OEM SLP to activate it on a clean untouched Windows 7 ISO.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:40 AM
  • If you use Dell's Recovery disks, they should not ask for a Key - they already contain Dell's OEM Key.
    Maybe OP wants a clean install minus the OEM bloatware that comes bundled with the laptop & use the Dell OEM SLP to activate it on a clean untouched Windows 7 ISO.

IIRC, with later models, it's possible to avoid installing the apps, if you use the DVDs rather than the recovery partition (I could be wrong, though)

--

Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:09 AM
  • Please can any one tell me is there any way to check from existing installed genuine OS to verify what is the product key of this machine.
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:30 PM
  • "Tushar Trivedi" wrote in message news:e2952691-429c-4c28-9118-d6fc58cd5462...
    Please can any one tell me is there any way to check from existing installed genuine OS to verify what is the product key of this machine.

The MGADiag tool will tell you whether it's an OEM SLP key - Belarc Advisor will tell you the actual Key (usually)

--

Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:46 PM