CRM 2011, Translation Transport Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

at our customer project we installed CRM 2011 (RU13) using English (1033) as base language. To also support german users we installed the german language pack (1031) and enabled it. In the DEV environment I exported the CRM translations and translated all of the neccessary lables and texts. After importing the translations back to the DEV environment everything is fine there.

In the next step we exported the custom (unmanaged) solution which contains these translations and imported this solution to the TEST Environment (same system prerequisites). First everything looked fine. But at a closer look we found out that there are some lables / texts where the translated lables / texts have not been transported when exporting / importing the solution:

Example:

The account entity's localized collection name has been renamed to "Customers" in English and was translated to "Kunden" in German -> works fine in DEV & TEST.

The account lookup attribute in the opportunity was also renamed to "Customer" in English and was translated to "Kunde" in German -> works fine in DEV & TEST.

BUT: when doing an advanced find (language turned to German) on DEV the field list provides "Kunde" while the field list on TEST still provides the old "Firma" Translation.

Can anyone explain this behavior?

Christian

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:35 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, I cannot explain why this happens but I can say that I have seen the same behaviour. I ended up having to apply translations on DEV, import the solution (with translations) into UAT, and then manually update labels on the UAT system.

Please feel free to contact me via any of the following methods:

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:39 AM