none
grouping rows in Gridview RRS feed

• Question

• i have a gridview with checkbox and dropdownlists as columns.i want to group check box checked rows as one group .the grouping is like in tfs's edit quary.and also it should display a button for that group if i want to ungroup that rows click that button.for example if 1,2,3 rows are grouped then 3,4 rows u could not grouped somw conditions also there .....can anybody plz help.......for this.......thanking u
    • Moved by Bob Shen Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:35 AM (From:Visual C# Language)
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 2:06 AM

All replies

• Hi vidyasagar.v,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

It seems that it's a ASP.NET issue. If so, you can consider posting it at the following more appropriate forum for more efficient responses. Thanks!

ASP.Net Forum http://forums.asp.net

Good day.

Bob Shen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 9:11 AM
  • Hi,

So would you please share whta you have done right now and what the issue about your code?

>>the grouping is like in tfs's edit quary.

would you like to description more detal about tfs's edit quary?Or a UI screen shot will be more helpful.

I look forward your reply.

No code, No fact.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 9:13 AM
  • ui part

in the image u can see filter for linked work items grid inthat one image field and one checkbox  and the dropdowns

when click image button it will add new row to grid

if u check some checkboxes and click group button in the header it will show u another imagebutton that combines the rows which checkbox is checked

vvs

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:59 AM