CRM users are missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I created a new organization yesterday and took the backup of empty sql database (org_mscrm database). Then i added two domain users to crm. After all that i started my import process which failed half way. So how we deal with it is, rahter than deleting the records which made to sytem and start it all over again, we just restore the empty dataabase backup and it gets us the crm into initial state.

Now when i restored the backup, i am not seeing the users which i added. So i tried to add them and i am getting the error that users are already in crm. i have checked all the views to see if the users are disabled or something. but no luck.

Any clue what can i do how to add the users back ?

Thanks in advance!
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:56 PM

Answers

• Hi crmslave,

Informations about users are in the both databases (Organization and Configuration) so when you create users and restore only OrgDB, information about them is in ConfDB and not in OrgDB. If you don't have backup of ConfDB only one resolution is direct database fix (removing users based on their Active Directory UID). I was prepared instruction (for one of my clients) how to do this step by step so if you want I can publish this on my blog tomorrow.

Best regards.

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by kgorczewski Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by LearnQuick Thursday, January 21, 2010 7:42 PM
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:11 PM
  • Well i think i got this. In MSCRM_Config Database i updated "SystemUserOrganizations" table and set the deleted flag for those users to 1 ( only for the particular organization). Which means they are deleted from that particular organization.

After running that query, i was able to add the users successfully. Thanks!

UPDATE dbo.SystemUserOrganizations
    SET isdeleted = 1
    WHERE CrmUserId = 'xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx'
    AND organizationid = 'xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx'

Thursday, January 21, 2010 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hi crmslave,

Informations about users are in the both databases (Organization and Configuration) so when you create users and restore only OrgDB, information about them is in ConfDB and not in OrgDB. If you don't have backup of ConfDB only one resolution is direct database fix (removing users based on their Active Directory UID). I was prepared instruction (for one of my clients) how to do this step by step so if you want I can publish this on my blog tomorrow.

Best regards.

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by kgorczewski Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:11 PM
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:11 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response. That will be really helpfull if you can publish the steps. can you post them here as well so that i donthave to wait till tomorrow to resolve the issue? Thanks again!

Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:30 PM
  • Well i think i got this. In MSCRM_Config Database i updated "SystemUserOrganizations" table and set the deleted flag for those users to 1 ( only for the particular organization). Which means they are deleted from that particular organization.

After running that query, i was able to add the users successfully. Thanks!

UPDATE dbo.SystemUserOrganizations
    SET isdeleted = 1
    WHERE CrmUserId = 'xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx'
    AND organizationid = 'xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx'

Thursday, January 21, 2010 7:42 PM