Setup failed with 0x80004005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone, Im a network administrator for a whisky manufacturer in Scotland and we are trying to deploy OCS 2007.

I wonder if any of you have seen the problems I've outlined below.

When completing the deploy Server portion of setup, I was getting "Setup Failed, Web components Server, error 29024, 0x80004005 Unspecified error"

The setup log file reported the following:

WScript.CreateObject: Could not locate automation class named "Scripting.FileSystemObject".

So I thought, corrupt windows Script maybe.  So I downloaded and installed windows Script and the install does actually get further now, however it Still bombs out with the same Error in the App Event log above (0x80004005), but the setup log file now says the following:

CScript.exe //Nologo E:\Inetpub\Default Web Site\AdminScripts\ADSUtil.vbs SET W3SVC/1/ROOT/GroupExpansion/Ext/AuthPersistence 64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Input Error: There is no file extension in "E:\Inetpub\Default".

Anybody any idea how I can get OCS 2007 installed onto my server?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  The AD is prepped fine, I have succefully installed OCS onto another server in the domain.

This problematic server is also our Network Associates EPO Server, for deploying AV to clients.  It also has the SQL 2000 desktop engine installed.  The SQL 2005 part of the OCS install seems to go on fine though.

Thanks again!

Graham.

Server 2003 R2 Service pack 2.

HP DL380, 3.6GB RAM Duel Core XEON.

Monday, March 10, 2008 9:46 AM

Answers

• Looks like the script cannot handle spaces in the path to the ADSUTIL.vbs script

I checked my server and the Adminscripts folder is directly located under Inetpub folder

My guess is that you must change your IIS configuration so that the path has no more spaces

Johan

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:59 PM

All replies

• Looks like the script cannot handle spaces in the path to the ADSUTIL.vbs script

I checked my server and the Adminscripts folder is directly located under Inetpub folder

My guess is that you must change your IIS configuration so that the path has no more spaces

Johan

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:59 PM
  • That sounds like it might be what the problem is, I'll make the IIS change and give it another shot.

Thanks very much for the reply, I'll let youknow how I get on!

Graham.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:38 AM
  • Just to let you know thanks very much for you're help with this - I changed the defualt web site path from e:\inetpub\ default web site to just e:\inetpub\default and then copied in the adminscripts folder and it then installed sucessfully.

We can send men to the moon but we cant have spaces in an IIS path!

Thanks Again.

Graham.

Monday, March 17, 2008 9:32 AM