405 Method Not Allowed from SIP GW to Mediation Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Here is our configuration:

PBX <-> SIP GW (Dialogic 2000) <-> Mediation Server (OCS 2007 R2) <-> FE Server (OCS 2007)
    PBX <-> SIP GW (Dialogic 2000) <-> Exchange 2007

All communication between SIP GW and Exchange/Mediation server is configured to go through unsecured TCP/port 5060.

Inbound and Outbound calls from/to Exchange/PBX work properly.

Outbound Calls from OCS to outside world and to inside phone extensions work properly.

Inbound Calls from PBX to Exchange don't work. 

SIP GW reports connectivity to Exchange Server as "ok", and reports connectivity to OCS Mediation Server as "unavailable".

Looks like SIP GW frequently tests the down-level communication partner (ie. Exchange Server or OCS Mediation Server) on both inbound and outbound data flow, and while Exchange passes tests successfully, OCS Mediation does not pass "outbound" portion of the test.

Troubleshooting further I collected the trace and compared Exchange and OCS Mediation Server responses.

On a trace I see following when SIP GW communicates to Mediation Server:

TO: <sip:Anonymous@"GW facing IP address of mediation server" >;tag=d728ca9126
    Status-Line: SIP/2.0 405 Method Not Allowed

On the similar request to Exchange Server I see:

TO: <sip:Anonymous@10.29.8.56>;tag=21fae7eb
    Status-Line: SIP/2.0 200 OK

Interesting that if I test calling the user on OCS, while having "outbound" check disabled, I can get through.

Question: is there any way in OCS to configure to successfully "accept" calls to "Anonymous" (like "system attendant" in Exchange)?
    (I believe that is required by my SIP GW to make communication successful).

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Thank you,
    Victor

Monday, October 26, 2009 1:41 AM

All replies

• Victor,

You'll find that the 405 METHOD NOT ALLOWED is "normal" as Mediation Server does not support SIP OPTIONS (from memory).
    I'm not familiar with the Dialogic gateways, as i represent NET (VX gateways), but you may find that either:

1. Your gateway requires an OK response to their SIP OPTIONS
    OR
    2. There is something else in that is not allowing your PBX to Exchange call (routing configuration within your gateway).

Do your PBX > Exchange calls go through Mediation Server (PBX > gateway > Mediation > OCS > Exchange), or are they PBX > gateway > Exchange ?

Maurizio
    Monday, October 26, 2009 2:36 AM
  • Thank you so much for responding.

Sorry if I was not clear in my original post: PBX to Exchange calls go through properly - both directions (they go PBX > GW > Exchange).

Our routing is as following:

6901-6905 from our PBX go to Exchange.
    6906-6998 from PBX go to OCS.

As I mentioned before, my problem seems to be within the fact that:

- Exchange picks up calls to unassigned (ie anonymous) extensions (for example, 6904 is not assigned to anything, but Exchange would still respond with "system attendant" message and the calling user would never get busy signal), therefore "anonymous" "tests" from GW go through successfully (with status 200 - ok), and everything is fine.

- OCS does not pick calls to unassigned (ie anonymous) extensions, therefore "anonymous" "tests" from GW go through unsuccessfully (with status 405 - method not allowed), GW thinks that OCS is not available and incoming calls don't go through.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks again,
    Victor

Monday, October 26, 2009 11:34 AM