Help No access to admin Shares anymore RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a WHS on a newly built server and had it set up with an admin account with the same name as my XP latop log in cumputer.

I logged on with admin and password and everything worked fine when I started up the laptop this morning I cannot change anything.

When I logged into the Server via RDC, I see my PC logged on as guest.

I disabled guest account reboot everything now it asked me for my user name and password I enter it I get the following error along the lines of "multiple connections to a shared etc..."

I check the sessions tab via RDC and nothing in their.

Re enabled guest account and now it logs be back on guest, I was logged in for days as admin, now what can't i do it?? This is driving me crazy...

Friday, November 19, 2010 5:26 AM

All replies

• The easy answer is really to stop using the administrative shares (C$, D$, ADMIN$).

Your data is in the shares your server publishes, not the administrative shares. Accessing files in your published shares by using an administrative share (e.g. \\server\D$\Shares\etc.) gives you direct access to the file system on your server, which is not supported and known to potentially cause problems.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, November 19, 2010 2:05 PM