none
Why was a question I tried to post called spam and why was I routed to a page that had no steps for me to do. RRS feed

• Question

•  My long questions has vanished.  It took a long time to write.

If a posting is going to be called spam, then the user should be routed someplace where you can DO something.  I was sent right back to the "ask a question" page.

If this actually posts, can someone enlighten me?

Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Lately this happens when really you just need to have your account verified. You need to post a request in the current verification thread here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc4002e4-e3de-4b1e-9a97-3702387886cc/verify-account-42?forum=reportabug

The current verification thread periodically changes, but is always a sticky thread at the top of this forum:

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by pituachMVP Tuesday, November 13, 2018 3:09 PM
    Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:13 PM
  • Good day,

This is probably not related to account verified but to the spam filter roles. Sometime a simple combination of several legit words is recognized as a spam by mistake. I have seen very funny and strange cases, but this is very rare cases

Richard, I posted in the past a full explanation NOT FOR PUBLIC in one of the the TechNet Wiki Skype room. I don't remember which but I can find for you the email from the Engineering team which explain all. Unfortunately for understandable reasons, this information regarding the exact combination of words which raise the issue is not for public, since it can be used for abusing.

The best solution is to contact one of the forum Moderator and ask him to remove the spam mark and un-delete the message

cathleencm if you can tell us in which forum it happened then we can try to find a Moderator that will restore the message

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, November 11, 2018 11:31 PM
  • OK, I found the email with the full explanation ;-)

It is related to this thread in the forum:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/489b4b25-9cfe-4caf-a4ba-5f2dc0e5a23d/spam-problem-technet?forum=reportabug

Richard, if you want me to forward the email (for your eyes only) then please remind me that it has the title:
    Re: Marked Abusive by Reply Auto Spam Filter

and it was on Aug 16, 2018, 10:42 AM

It will help me find it again :-)

signature   Ronen Ariely

Sunday, November 11, 2018 11:50 PM
  • Ronen, the thread you linked is the only other case I recall where the spam filter registered a false positive. I believe the issue in this thread is another case, since the thread that was flagged as spam is not in the user's profile. A later post (after this thread was started) by the OP was posted on the same subject, but I assume the user omitted the text that caused the spam filter to flag the first attempt.

I don't think it is necessary for me to know any of the rules for the spam filter. In the future, I can check the user profile to find the problem thread. If I find it, then the user needs to have their account verified. If the thread seems to have been deleted, then we may have a false positive that should be reported to fissues.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Monday, November 12, 2018 3:26 PM
  • This make sense Richard :-)

Anyhow, since the user does not coming back, I will mark you response as the answer :-)

signature   Ronen Ariely

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 3:08 PM