Sustainability of Slesforce in future RRS feed

• Question

• As more and more companies are moving from on premise to cloud based CRM packages, there is an ever increasing need of adding more servers and other IT infrastructure facilities for the smooth running of the services. Recently there have been more maintenance activities carried by Salesforce, the frequency is increasing at an alarming rate.Do you think that the companies like Salesforce and Other cloud based CRM solution providers have a backup plan or are they planning anything in future to manage this situation of rapid increase in Clients ? What can they do to manage  the the large volume of data added with every single new client ? 
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 7:50 AM

Answers

• This is an issue not only faced by Salesforce, but also by any cloud based system.  I think there is a balance.  Sometimes companies don't keep up very well, like Twitter in the past.  I think that we will be ok though because of the rapid clip that computer systems improve.  Memory and space are always getting bigger (while taking up less space), and costing less.  I just think that time will solve these issues if a service is valuable and companies have a good plan to sustain this kind of increase.
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 10:35 PM