none
Missing First Blog Post Achievement RRS feed

Answers

• There is a bug for achievements. If you don't get it till tomorrow, you're a victim of this bug.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:31 AM
  • Thanks Naomi. Does this mean I won't get points for the one blog post at all?

Marek

Hi Marek.

You're already getting the points for your blog post (55 so far). My guess is 15 for ratings and 40 for view milestones. Are you using the Draft and pre-scheduling feature of the blogs?

If so, there are two related known issues...

(1) It does not show up on your list of total blog posts. This randomly happens if you save the post as a draft first. Could be related to why the medal doesn't trigger (or it could be the separate medal bug that Naomi mentioned).

(2) Your scheduled blog post won't show up on the front page of the MSDN blogs... so you miss some potential views from that.

As a result, if I ever use the draft feature, I include "DRAFT:" at the front of the title and I never publish it. When I'm ready to publish, I just copy and paste into a new post. It takes a few seconds.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:50 PM
    Owner

All replies

• There is a bug for achievements. If you don't get it till tomorrow, you're a victim of this bug.

My blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:31 AM

Marek

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:07 PM
  • I am not sure about points for the blog. Does posting a blog bring points? But I know that there is a bug in regards to achievements which is still in progress, I believe. Check thread referenced in this thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/95e4e1ac-3ef1-44a8-9301-0a1eb0932bbd

My blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:50 PM

Marek

Hi Marek.

You're already getting the points for your blog post (55 so far). My guess is 15 for ratings and 40 for view milestones. Are you using the Draft and pre-scheduling feature of the blogs?

If so, there are two related known issues...

(1) It does not show up on your list of total blog posts. This randomly happens if you save the post as a draft first. Could be related to why the medal doesn't trigger (or it could be the separate medal bug that Naomi mentioned).

(2) Your scheduled blog post won't show up on the front page of the MSDN blogs... so you miss some potential views from that.

As a result, if I ever use the draft feature, I include "DRAFT:" at the front of the title and I never publish it. When I'm ready to publish, I just copy and paste into a new post. It takes a few seconds.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:50 PM
    Owner
  • I am not sure about points for the blog. Does posting a blog bring points? But I know that there is a bug in regards to achievements which is still in progress, I believe. Check thread referenced in this thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/95e4e1ac-3ef1-44a8-9301-0a1eb0932bbd

My blog

Yeah, the last ETA on fixing that bug was early November. So next month I'll check back in with the team. I also have two medals that weren't awarded yet.

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:51 PM
    Owner
  • New ETA is December.

Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:54 AM
    Owner