The server is not connected to the internet RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I'm from Germany and have a problem. (forgive my bad english, it's 15 years ago when I've pressed the school bank)

I have an HD-ready ALiveNF7G-run with an Intel Pro 1000 PT Dual Server Adapter on and constantly get this error message: "The server is not connected to the internet". The server is a D-Link DGS 1216T in "Link Aggregation mode" connected.
    Monday, June 20, 2011 5:48 PM

All replies

• This is due to your network configuration.

You will have to either ignore this message or disable the team.

The error is caused because it looks at physical interfaces and nothing can be reached by the physical interfaces anymore. It will not try to use virtual adapters.

This is from the SBS2011 release documentation and would only partially apply to WHS, but the codebase and limitations are the same:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg491249.aspx

The Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard networking wizards do not support network teaming

Some hardware manufacturers provide network adapters and drivers that feature fault tolerance technology. You can use fault tolerance technology to group network adapter ports for a connection to a single physical segment. This is known as “network teaming.” If connectivity through one port does not work, another port is automatically activated to handle the connection. This process is transparent to the operating system and to other devices on the network.

The Windows SBS 2011 Standard Connect to the Internet Wizard and Fix My Network Wizard do not support network teaming because it is a scenario that is not typically used in a small business environment. However, you should use these wizards to correctly configure the server to use a single network adapter.

If you decide to use network teaming, you should not use the Windows SBS 2011 Standard networking wizards after you configure teaming because doing this will have an unknown effect on the team. Additionally, because the Windows SBS 2011 Standard networking wizards do not support network teaming, if you require assistance from Microsoft support, you will be instructed to remove the network team and then to use the Windows SBS 2011 Standard networking wizards to correctly configure the server for the network.

• Proposed as answer by Ken Warren Monday, June 20, 2011 8:28 PM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 6:24 PM