Service Calendar Exception: An unexpected error occurred. 0x80040216 RRS feed

• Question

• When I open service calendar I get:

Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server was unable to process request.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[SoapException: Server was unable to process request.]
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +533462
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +204
       Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ScheduleWebService.QueryMultiple(Guid[] resourceIds, CrmDateTime start, CrmDateTime end, TimeCode[] timeCodes) +102
       Microsoft.Crm.Application.SMWrappers.Schedule.QueryMultiple(Guid[] resourceIds, DateTime startDateTime, DateTime endDateTime) +72
       Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.GanttContent.Render(TextWriter writer) +500
       Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppGantt.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +179
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +130
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +24
       System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1896

Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
    Error Description:
    An unexpected error occurred.

Error Details:
    Not available

Error Number:
    0x80040216

Source File:
    Not available

Line Number:
    Not available

Date: 11-08-2007

Time: 15:47:42

Type: Platform Error (3)

Server: crm

Request URL:
    http://crm/sm/GanttControlFrame.aspx?startDate=2007-11-08T00:00:00&endDate=2007-11-08T00:00:00&subareatype=schedules&viewID={7738C997-2681-43BE-BFCF-DB1D159B5C5A}&zoomLevel=4&pagingCookie=

Basic Server & Client Information:

What the End User would have seen:

Thursday, November 8, 2007 10:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Do you have any other problems on the system at all ? It's possible this is due to an utterly weird problem with time zone data, which manifests itself when doing various user and date related actions in CRM - another one is creating a user.

If this is the problem, it can be fixed as per this post (http://blogs.inetium.com/blogs/tedh/archive/2007/09/13/interesting-error-during-crm-installation.aspx)

Friday, November 9, 2007 9:48 AM
  • I went through this walkthrough.  There was not a single custom time zone in those registry keys.  But there is an issue with deployment manager that might be related. Below are links to what the deployment manager looks like and what error I get:

Screen 1
    Screen 2

I'm not sure if its releated to service calendar issue or not. 

Another thing to mention is this was a redeployment.  We had a staging server that we redeployed from.  The staging server works fine.  Also this has been redployed 3 or 4 times and ater the first couple of times the service calendar worked so I don't know if its releated to redeployment or not. 
    Monday, November 12, 2007 5:19 PM