Moving One Care from one PC to another RRS feed

• Question

• Last November I had a computer guy install One Care on my Dell laptop and my wife's Compaq laptop.  Both laptops are running Win XP. 

As I understand it, I can have One Care on three PCs.

This weekend I bought new Dell laptops for both myself and my wife.  Both laptops are running Win Vista. 

My plan is to stash my old laptop away and only use it when I travel.  (2-3 times a year).  My wife's old laptop is going in the junk yard. 

I want to use my third license and install One Care on my new PC.  I'm assuming no problems with that. 

The tech at Best Buy told me if I uninstall One Care off my wife's laptop before it goes in the trash can then I can install her now unused licensed One Care on her new laptop.

Three questions...

Can I do what I want to do with my new laptop?

Can I do what I want to do with my wife's old and new laptop?

Any problems because the old laptops are running Win XP and the new ones running Vista?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

I'm rvguy43.  I'm at gmail.com.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 3:28 AM

Answers

• Hello rvguy43, the tech at Best Buy is correct. If you uninstall One Care from the computer you plan to retire you can then install it on the new computer. The answer to your three questions is yes,yes, and no.
    Jim
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hello rvguy43, the tech at Best Buy is correct. If you uninstall One Care from the computer you plan to retire you can then install it on the new computer. The answer to your three questions is yes,yes, and no.
    Jim
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 12:59 PM
  • Jim...

Thanks for the quick reply.

...rvguy43

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 7:34 PM
  • You are very welcome, rvguy43.
    Jim
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 8:54 PM