Media Streaming outside the house - looking for unique solution RRS feed

• Question

•  

I know I am probably asking for a miracal:

First off, I have the HP EX470 and added two ($99!) 1TB hard drives.  I use it as primary data storage  (including music and photos)

Wife and daughter have iphones, so I run Itunes on local PC’s mapped to the sever for the music files

I have a Windows Mobile 6.1 smart phone (which of course does not work with itunes)

I travel a lot across the US.

Here goes my dream: When I am not flying, I would like to be able to stream music to my laptop and smartphone (including having playlists). During flights I would also like to listen to music, which means I would like to have the same “playlists” stored in my smartphone.  (basically, I would like one program to be able to manage/create the playlists, and I can drag the playlists off the server and onto my smartphone.

Is there any software out there that can both stream music, and create playlists I can drag and drop onto my windows smartphone for when I do not have a conection? (one program to manage the music and streaming)

Since I have Itunes mapped to the server, the wife could use Itunes, I would have something else for my windows based devices.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Raff

Friday, October 31, 2008 3:01 AM

All replies

• i don't have a smartphone anymore but when i did Orb worked well on it in places with a strong signal.  I now use Jukefly to stream and prefer it over Orb.  In both programs you can create playlists but as far as dragging to your list to your phone you wouldn't be able to do that.  You would create the list on PC or possibly your phone and it would show up when u login to Jukefly or Orb through the internet on the device.  I don't know if Jukefly works on Smartphones or not i didn't get a chance to test it before i lost my Black Jack.  I believe any of the web based streaming programs will do what u need.  BTW i think with SimplyfyMedia u can play those iTunes files, i tried it but i didn't spend much time with it.
    Friday, October 31, 2008 3:40 AM
  • raff98 said:

I know I am probably asking for a miracal:

First off, I have the HP EX470 and added two ($99!) 1TB hard drives.  I use it as primary data storage  (including music and photos)

Wife and daughter have iphones, so I run Itunes on local PC’s mapped to the sever for the music files

I have a Windows Mobile 6.1 smart phone (which of course does not work with itunes)

I travel a lot across the US.

Here goes my dream: When I am not flying, I would like to be able to stream music to my laptop and smartphone (including having playlists). During flights I would also like to listen to music, which means I would like to have the same “playlists” stored in my smartphone.  (basically, I would like one program to be able to manage/create the playlists, and I can drag the playlists off the server and onto my smartphone.

Is there any software out there that can both stream music, and create playlists I can drag and drop onto my windows smartphone for when I do not have a conection? (one program to manage the music and streaming)

Since I have Itunes mapped to the server, the wife could use Itunes, I would have something else for my windows based devices.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Raff

I don't know about smartphones, but WebGuide has the ability to stream to PCs through the internet.
    Friday, October 31, 2008 3:41 AM