locked
Windows Phone 8 connector RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi guys,

    Has anyone been able to install and use the windows phone connector on their WP8 handset and WHS2011?

    I have the add-in installed on my WHS and My Home Server installed on my new WP8 handset however when I enter in my remote URL but then it tells me "the specified server could not be contacted".

    I'm entering in my URL which goes like, https://<mydyndns>/remote but fails on both cellular and WLAN internally, even if I try internally at home with either my server name or IP address.

    Remote access works fine when using a PC browser. 

    Any tips?

    Thanks

    Monday, December 10, 2012 3:31 AM

Answers

  • I managed to get it to work.

    Seems as though the WP8 app doesn't like the SSL error when using a dynamic DNS service.

    So I set up the .homeserver.com domain through the WHS wizard and now works perfectly!

    • Marked as answer by Bman 21 Monday, January 7, 2013 12:08 AM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 12:08 AM

All replies

  • I'm seeing that also, I've tried re-install both the phone software and server software with no luck...
    Monday, December 24, 2012 4:51 PM
  • I have WHS 2011, my home server app installed on my Windows Phone 8 with no problems, so the app works.

    Tuesday, January 1, 2013 4:52 PM
  • I managed to get it to work.

    Seems as though the WP8 app doesn't like the SSL error when using a dynamic DNS service.

    So I set up the .homeserver.com domain through the WHS wizard and now works perfectly!

    • Marked as answer by Bman 21 Monday, January 7, 2013 12:08 AM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 12:08 AM