Windows Phone 8 connector RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Has anyone been able to install and use the windows phone connector on their WP8 handset and WHS2011?

I have the add-in installed on my WHS and My Home Server installed on my new WP8 handset however when I enter in my remote URL but then it tells me "the specified server could not be contacted".

I'm entering in my URL which goes like, https://<mydyndns>/remote but fails on both cellular and WLAN internally, even if I try internally at home with either my server name or IP address.

Remote access works fine when using a PC browser. 

Any tips?

Thanks

Monday, December 10, 2012 3:31 AM

Answers

• I managed to get it to work.

Seems as though the WP8 app doesn't like the SSL error when using a dynamic DNS service.

So I set up the .homeserver.com domain through the WHS wizard and now works perfectly!

• Marked as answer by Bman 21 Monday, January 7, 2013 12:08 AM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 12:08 AM

All replies

• I'm seeing that also, I've tried re-install both the phone software and server software with no luck...
    Monday, December 24, 2012 4:51 PM
  • I have WHS 2011, my home server app installed on my Windows Phone 8 with no problems, so the app works.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 4:52 PM
  • I managed to get it to work.

Seems as though the WP8 app doesn't like the SSL error when using a dynamic DNS service.

So I set up the .homeserver.com domain through the WHS wizard and now works perfectly!

• Marked as answer by Bman 21 Monday, January 7, 2013 12:08 AM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 12:08 AM