WHS freezes at login screen RRS feed

• Question

• after i reboot my computer and try to do the main login before i get to the desktop, it either freezes up and doesnt load after i type in my credentials or if i let it sit at the screen to long.

I'm using all the microsoft drivers (video, nic) i was useing the nvidia nic drivers but unistalled them still no luck.  I can boot in safe mode no problem, with or with out networking and i can even load up IE.

I got an error once after the many retrys to load up, the error had a timer so ill try and remember what it said.  Something to do with the user account i think.  but like i said i can load and login to safe mode just fine.

Any help would be great, thanks
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:51 AM

All replies

• Have you installed anything on your server? Either add-ins (installed using the Windows Home Server console) or other software/tools installed via the server administrator's desktop?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:54 AM
  • yes i have installed the dchp addon and client info from wegotservered, but ive been able to reboot several times after i installed them
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 12:00 PM
  • Can you check the Event Viewer of your server for related error messages?
    (Local login, then click Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer.)
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:43 PM