Project Based installation in Contact Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just need your suggestions on the following scenarios. Keep in mind that we are new in Contact Center business with CRM professional 4.0 and few agents.

Every project we require to customize the CRM and nature is many time very different.
    Right now we dont have inparallel projects. Every time our technical people are reinstalling the CRM if project nature is different. This is making them to put the latest rollup again and register the copy to Microsoft again. This is because we don't have currently luxry of enterprise license where we can have multiple instances. Every project is temporary like a week or month and then it is history. This all we are doing because my knowledge is that multiple instance in different servers in the network is not legal. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Question:
    1. Is there a problem in licence legality by doing this
    2. What do you suggest in this situation

In the future we need to provide access to our customer (Only for the duration of every project). We don't want to extend the functionalities of CRM. Need to provide ready only access to their project related records, cases and reports.

Question
    1. Do we still need CRM web connector
    2. What is the best way to secure the access

Awaiting your response

Thanks,
    Sameer
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:51 AM

Answers

• Every project we require to customize the CRM and nature is many time very different.
    Right now we dont have inparallel projects. Every time our technical people are reinstalling the CRM if project nature is different. This is making them to put the latest rollup again and register the copy to Microsoft again. This is because we don't have currently luxry of enterprise license where we can have multiple instances. Every project is temporary like a week or month and then it is history. This all we are doing because my knowledge is that multiple instance in different servers in the network is not legal. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Question:
    1. Is there a problem in licence legality by doing this
    2. What do you suggest in this situation

A1:Seems fine with your license. But it's a little strange because you don't need to install MS CRM every time.
    A2:If you have Professional license I would like to suggest to create a new organization every time when you want to have a new vanilla one and don't need old. You will need only register your CRM installation when you're installing MS CRM not when you will create a new organization.

In the future we need to provide access to our customer (Only for the duration of every project). We don't want to extend the functionalities of CRM. Need to provide ready only access to their project related records, cases and reports.

Question
    1. Do we still need CRM web connector
    2. What is the best way to secure the access

A1.You will need Read-Only External Connector
    A2.Questions is related to data security (VPN, ActiveDirectoryFederationServices) or how to protect if your customers will not use full license (you will need to specify type of license in user section)

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by kgorczewski Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:40 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:13 PM