none
Signin button At top of Windows Dev Center not working RRS feed

• Question

• The Sign in button at the top of the "Windows Dev Center" page is not working. Every time I come in to view or update a previously submitted post I have to go to my profile sing in and then return to the post to update. There is a Sign in Button at the top of the page why can't I sign in there instead of having to go all the way out then back in? 

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

This is indeed an existing problem. Here is a workaround that you can use the link like

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/d2f8f9d1-4ce4-4756-9bdd-c4a0a1f93f08/signin-button-at-top-of-wubdows-dev-center-not-working?forum=winformsdesigner,

rather than

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/d2f8f9d1-4ce4-4756-9bdd-c4a0a1f93f08/signin-button-at-top-of-wubdows-dev-center-not-working?forum=winformsdesigner.

Or sign in like this,

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 1:26 AM
  • Kyle another work around? When is MSDNFSF going to start fixing issues. If they can't or won't fix the problem can they at least send the alternate link in the emails. I just click on the link that I receive. If so that would be a fix for all. I wouldn't have a three step process of copy, then alter, then paste the link. I always say if it don't work, don't show it to the user and avoid all the frustration. Thank you again Kyle.   

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:40 PM
  • Hi Seeker of Wisdom,

Thank you for your feedback. About this problem, maybe you can post a thread in the forum Forums Issues.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 26, 2019 1:32 AM
  • Kyle it has been a week and I have still not heard from the MS development team. So does this mean they are not going to fix the issue? This is a relatively easy fix not sure why they are dragging their feet. 
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:25 PM
  • I'll report it but in the mean time you can use the MSDN branding to access the same forums.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=winformsdesigner

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 2, 2019 3:29 AM
  • Kyle another work around? When is MSDNFSF going to start fixing issues. If they can't or won't fix the problem can they at least send the alternate link in the emails. I just click on the link that I receive. If so that would be a fix for all. I wouldn't have a three step process of copy, then alter, then paste the link.

Do you have a link to the page that's missing the Sign On?

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, August 3, 2019 3:15 PM
  • Dave thanks for responding but they may have fixed the issue. When I clicked the link in the notification email I received regarding your reply. I was asked to sign in before I was directed to my inquiry. Then it directed me to a different page then before, as you can see below. Way to go Forum support staff. That was a great turn around time. Now if we can only get the MS Product support to start doing as well for their products.   

Monday, August 5, 2019 5:55 PM
  • Glad to hear, you're welcome.

Monday, August 5, 2019 6:43 PM