Trying to Install CRM 2013 on windows 2012 standard and running to in errors. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install MS Dynamic CRM 2013 on my windows 2012 standard server running MS SQL 2012 Standard Server SP1. (I'm doing this all on one server)

I have run into two error during the System Checks. 

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server User Input:

The following permissions are required for organizational unit and all child objects: read, write, modify permissions, create child objects, all extended rights. Current user does not have these permissions for the Active Directory Organizational Unit:

Which I know is related to permission I need to write and create the security groups on the AD.

The other error i get is

Microsoft SQL Server:

An error occurred when attempting to set the SQLSERVERAGENT service to AutoStart:  System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified service does not exist as an installed service
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.ServiceUtility.OpenServiceHandle(String serviceName, String machineName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.ServiceUtility.SetServiceStartType(String serviceName, String machineName, UInt32 startType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.ServiceUtility.SetServiceToAutoStart(String serviceName, String machineName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServiceRunningValidator.AutoStartLocalService(String serviceName, TimeSpan waitTimeForStart)

I have tried to resolve this error by repairing SQL, resetting IIS, reinstalling SQL, Running the Reporting Server Config Manager (testing that the report server, and manager both work), making sure my service accounts have the right permission in the SQL Database, as well as the performance log group in AD, and I check to make sure the SQL services are all running. 

I'm not sure what is cause this second error or how to fix it, maybe it's related to AD permission (I don't think it is).

Any help to resolve this second issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James T.F

Thursday, July 3, 2014 2:40 PM

Answers

All replies