What's stopping MSNBOT from indexing my site? RRS feed

• Question

• MSNBOT only likes the following three URL's on www.mimir.nu

"GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 50599 "-" "msnbot/1.1 (+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)"
    "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.1" 200 162 "-" "msnbot/1.1 (+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)"
    "GET /sitemapindex HTTP/1.1" 200 5465 "-" "msnbot/1.1 (+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)"

They are visited on a regular basis. What's stopping MSNBOT from indexing more pages?
    Google (PR5) and Yahoo both have more than 40.000 pages indexed.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

How long have you owned this domain?

We are showing that it is blocked by our spam filters. Looking at the site, it appears to be a job board, so I can't say why it was blocked unless it was blocked prior to you obtaining the domain name.

Regardless of the reason, as long as you aren't spamming, the site should get re-included.

Please follow the below instructions:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you use
      • The URL
      • Request re-inclusion

Brett

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 4:03 PM

All replies

• I'm afraid that this is a common problem. I have similar and if you read around this forum many people have posted the same.

Saturday, June 21, 2008 8:10 AM
  • I don't think it's anything wrong with the websites.

MSN search still seems to be years behind the competition. I've launched multiple websites and some were picked up by Google in as little as few hours. Yahoo comes in second in several days usually. MSN can take months. That's just the way things are and that's the way market share is as well luckily...

Monday, June 23, 2008 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

How long have you owned this domain?

We are showing that it is blocked by our spam filters. Looking at the site, it appears to be a job board, so I can't say why it was blocked unless it was blocked prior to you obtaining the domain name.

Regardless of the reason, as long as you aren't spamming, the site should get re-included.

Please follow the below instructions:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you use
      • The URL
      • Request re-inclusion

Brett

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 4:03 PM

• Hi Brett,

Thanks for the information. I've sent the e-mail forr re-inclusion.
    No one owned this domain name before me. Do you know why the site summary of www.mimir.nu shows "Blocked: No", when it is blocked by a spam filter?

Kind regards,
    Guido.
    Wednesday, July 9, 2008 11:12 AM
  • Don't waste any more time trying to get indexed on MSN. You will not get anywhere by corresponding with MSN, all they will do is give you some bull***t and then say they are closing the case. Concentrate on the major search engines Yahoo and Google. This forum is jam packed with disgruntled webmasters trying to promote their site. MSN is becoming a minor search engine incapable of achieving its objective of supplying relevant results. The sooner we all come to terms with this the better.
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:28 AM