Error for Desktop Synchronization with Folder Redirects RRS feed

• Question

• I have Folder Redirection enabled for the desktop in a Windows SBS 2008 environment.  I receive an error when trying to access the Folders created on the Live Mesh Desktop.  The error points out that it is unable to locate the redirected folder.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:48 PM

Answers

• Ah, so the folders being redirected are the document folders on the local workstation - redirected to a Server location, yes? No, this won't be supported. You would need to have the folders you wish to sync in Live Mesh exist on the local PC where Live Mesh is installed and logged in from.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:25 PM

All replies

• Live mesh is technically not supported on Server operating systems. Is this on a server or a desktop OS that is simply joined to a SBS domain? What kind of redirection are you using? Do you mean that you've added a folder to the Mesh, but that folder is actually redirected to another location? I suspect that this is an unsupported scenario even on a desktop OS.
    Live Mesh is an Explorer extension and I doubt that it can deal with folder redirection.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:39 AM
  • I do not have Live Mesh installed on any servers just on the desktops that belong to a domain.  Redirection is enabled on the SBS 2008 main server.  I am assuming that this will only work if I was to disable the redirection of the user's desktop.
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:05 AM
  • Ah, so the folders being redirected are the document folders on the local workstation - redirected to a Server location, yes? No, this won't be supported. You would need to have the folders you wish to sync in Live Mesh exist on the local PC where Live Mesh is installed and logged in from.
    -steve
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:25 PM