none
Value does not fall within the expected range - sync error

Question

• I have been having problems getting SyncToy 2.1 to work.  I am running on a Windows 7 operating system and have gotten the "Exception during run: Value does not fall within the expected range" error multiple times.  My most recent log entry is below.  

My options for the backup are:

Files to include: *              Files to exclude: ~*

none of the boxes for "exclude read-only files", "exclude hidden files", "exclude system files" are checked presently.  I have had the "exclude hidden files" and "exclude system files" checked previously and still got the same error.

It is also set with "Active for run all" and "Save overwritten files in the Recycle Bin" both checked.

Any ideas out there on how to fix this? 

SYNC: 04/16/2018 10:37:03:182: *** Exception during run: {0} : 
     System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.CoreInterop.ISyncSession.Start(CONFLICT_RESOLUTION_POLICY resolutionPolicy, _SYNC_SESSION_STATISTICS& pSyncSessionStatistics)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.DoOneWaySyncHelper(SyncIdFormatGroup sourceIdFormats, SyncIdFormatGroup destinationIdFormats, KnowledgeSyncProviderConfiguration destinationConfiguration, SyncCallbacks DestinationCallbacks, ISyncProvider sourceProxy, ISyncProvider destinationProxy, ChangeDataAdapter callbackChangeDataAdapter, SyncDataConverter conflictDataConverter, Int32& changesApplied, Int32& changesFailed)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.DoOneWayKnowledgeSync(SyncDataConverter sourceConverter, SyncDataConverter destinationConverter, SyncProvider sourceProvider, SyncProvider destinationProvider, Int32& changesApplied, Int32& changesFailed)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.SyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()
       at SyncToy.SyncEngine.CreateAndStartSession(FileSyncProvider destinationProvider, FileSyncProvider sourceProvider)
       at SyncToy.SyncEngine.RunSyncSessionsForChosenSyncType(FileSyncProvider leftProvider, FileSyncProvider rightProvider, SyncMode syncMode)
       at SyncToy.SyncEngine.Run(Boolean previewMode)
       at SyncToy.SyncEngine.Sync()
       at SyncToyUI.PreviewDialog.RunOnePair(SyncEngine syncEngine)
    SYNC: 04/16/2018 10:37:03:182: *** Exception during run: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Monday, April 16, 2018 3:42 PM