none
'Lately noticed' a messed up Task Scheduler,etc. months after I reverted from WIN10 back to W7 64bit .... I kept it for 2 hours only!

Question

• EDITED for more info and as a safe keeping here!

Hello

I explain.

Before Xmas 2015 I tried WIN10, but having problem with Graphics [one of many!] - even thou Microsoft supplied a 'basic' driver, I had problems - so I decided to go back to W7 64bit and reverted using WIN10 internal revert system.

Unfortunately and I am not alone in this, it did not go back properly.

I noticed once in a while strange behaviours - slowing down when going to START/ whatever and so on - small things!

Then the other day I noticed one program always showing 'Updating ...' - to make story short this led me to the Task Scheduler.

When I opened it it thrown me 31 errors 90% of them were Microsoft Media .... whatever - I guess coming from WIN10.

Then I found someone that did a small application [ RepairTasks_v3.3 ] to try and solve that, which it did with the exceptions of some.

It seems to be a well known problem CREATED by WIN10 downgrading process and which Microsoft do not talk about and instead should solve with a FIX-IT app !

Lately, I noticed a messed up Task Scheduler, etc. months after I reverted from WIN10 back to W7 64bit which led me to the FACT WIN10 reverting messes W7 system.

My problem is I have not re-installed system in years since very few problems appeared and solved them all- I used to do a fresh system install in the past to clean windows from a lot of muck, BUT I now have 1Tb of programs and data and it would take me days.

I am now in a week holiday and it seems it is going to be wasted trying to fix this computer.

Right now I went to Mouse settings and I get sent to install Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and after it finishes, I get:

'Setup must close because an error occurred. Verify that your computer meets the system requirements on the product packaging.
    Restart your computer and try running Setup again. If this error happens again, see help ....

If I try to uninstall it, at the end I get Error 1605.

It is a 2.4GHz 8Gb fast computer which has a 5.9 Windows Experience Index - enough for my use and only kept at 5.9 by the non-upgradable GPU!

When I tried to install the older version [perfectly functioning previous WIN10] from my computer I get something like:

It cannot be installed in this computer because of minimum requirements you need to have WIN7 !

I have WIN7 64bit and application is a 64bit version.

Therefore I ca see more problems coming out.
    I am preparing all disks and licences for a re-install which I might have to do if I do not get help and fix it.

It will mean to clone a 1Tb data from a 2Tb HDD onto an external one then use my old 1Tb to install WIN7 [again] and keep swapping HDDs as I cannot keep installing for the whole week!
    Have to do it bit to bit, then move all personal data and 'profiles' from various programs [Firefox, Thunderbird and so on].
    Phew, a lot to do which I wish to avoid as I avoided for the last 5 years and all this is NOT my doing, but Microsoft unfortunately.

Is there 'any' useful help and fix for this?
    I am sure there are many in the same or similar situation.

Thank you
    M

This is a question from the UK - Treasure Island!
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• They'll help you over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:17 PM
  • Thanks

I doubt it will be a walk in the park tough!

;p]

NotSo good

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:48 PM
  • You're welcome.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 1:32 PM