locked
CRM 2011 IFD deployment and Outlook 2010 client RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a CRM 2011 IFD set up.  Web client works fine. I do not know how to setup the Outlook client. 

    FYI: I cannot access any forum posts that have this information. (I get a 'Not Authorized' page).

    Thanks

    Friday, April 29, 2011 4:06 AM

Answers

  • After several attempts to get this working over the last month I found the issue I was experiencing was caused by my workstation clock and the CRM server clock to be off by aprox. 9 minutes.

    I was working on a plug-in that was being developed for a client that uses CRM 2011 On-Line. The utility to generate early-binding code (crmsvcutil.exe) would not connect to the Microsoft CRM On-Line system. I read a blog entry related to this, and discovered that my workstation time was off from the actual current time by about 15 minutes. When I set the workstation time correctly, the utility connected fine.

    I did not put the code and Outlook integtration issues together until a few days ago.  The On-Premise CRM server, and the STS server it uses, (this is an IFD deployment) were identical but way off the actual current time.  Once I set them correctly, my workstation had no problems setting up Outlook integration. As an experiment I uninstalled the Outlook integration and messed up my workation time. All attempts to configure the Outlook integration would fail when connecting to the CRM server. Setting the workatation time back to the correct time fixed the issue.

    • Marked as answer by hgjg Monday, July 25, 2011 3:38 PM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 11:10 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    do you have any cookie restriction active? Do you perhabs delete cookies by closing the ie? Or does you use different systems (productiv system and testsystem with different url's). In case of using IFD the authentification is saved in a cookie with the name "cookie:<username>@<crmserver>” (Temporary Internet Files )

    Under CRM 4 we have similar problems, but actually I don't know the facts about crm 2011.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles/00-00-01-24-87-metablogapi/0677.cookiedetail_5F00_1A001D59.png

    regards
    Matthias

     

    Friday, April 29, 2011 6:31 AM
  • Friday, April 29, 2011 1:23 PM
  • Don't have any cookie restrictions.  I have also set the security zone of the IFD URL (and the STS as well) to both Trusted and Intranet sites.
    Friday, April 29, 2011 8:00 PM
  • I have tried these instructions.

    During the configuration I have two options: IFD Server URL or CRM On-Line. 

    According to the instructions I should use CRM On-Line.

    When I use 'CRM On-line' I am simply prompted for my Windows Live ID. I am never given a chance to input a URL.  How will it know what deployment to use? In the end it returns the message "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server.  The server might be unavailable. Try again later..."

    When I use my IFD URL I am prompted for a username/password.  I input the correct info and get the following message "Cannot connect to Microsoft Dynamics CRM server because we cannot authenticate your credentials.  Check your connection or contact your administrator for more help."

     

    Friday, April 29, 2011 8:07 PM
  • After several attempts to get this working over the last month I found the issue I was experiencing was caused by my workstation clock and the CRM server clock to be off by aprox. 9 minutes.

    I was working on a plug-in that was being developed for a client that uses CRM 2011 On-Line. The utility to generate early-binding code (crmsvcutil.exe) would not connect to the Microsoft CRM On-Line system. I read a blog entry related to this, and discovered that my workstation time was off from the actual current time by about 15 minutes. When I set the workstation time correctly, the utility connected fine.

    I did not put the code and Outlook integtration issues together until a few days ago.  The On-Premise CRM server, and the STS server it uses, (this is an IFD deployment) were identical but way off the actual current time.  Once I set them correctly, my workstation had no problems setting up Outlook integration. As an experiment I uninstalled the Outlook integration and messed up my workation time. All attempts to configure the Outlook integration would fail when connecting to the CRM server. Setting the workatation time back to the correct time fixed the issue.

    • Marked as answer by hgjg Monday, July 25, 2011 3:38 PM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 11:10 PM