none
SyncToy 2.1 does not delete files and does not synchronize folders in 'Echo' mode?

Question

• Hi all,

today I installed SyncToy 2.1 (x86) on my Windows 8.1 PC, to copy and synchronise between PC and NAS. I like to use 'echo mode', to make a regular back up of Documents and Music from PC to NAS. The description of 'Echo' says: "New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames and deletes on the left are repeated on the right". However, in my case the deletion, renaming and moving of files and folders does not work:

1. Files deleted in the source (left directory) are not deleted in the destination (right directory). So if I first made a back-up, and after that deleted some files from the left directory, I like to have them deleted from the right directory in the next SyncToy run in Echo mode. But they are kept!

2. If I have moved a folder in the left directory, SyncToy does create a new folder in the right directory on the new location, but it does not remove the directory from its old (previous) location. The description of 2.1 mentions as feature: "True Folder Sync: Folder creates, renames and deletes are now synchronized for all SyncToy actions." But this clearly does nt wok.

How can I get SyncToy to work as designed/intended in Echo mode?

Saturday, December 27, 2014 10:12 PM