Which are the potential certifications necessary to get a good IT job in Australia? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am very new to this discussion form, so i will introduce myself first. I had started my career as a .net developer in 2007. Initially, i was working with .net 2.0 , C#, SQL server and WWF. During 6 and half years of experience in 3 different software organizations, i have upgraded skills in various technologies. .net 2.0/3.0/3.5/4.0, SQL server 2005/2008, Oracle 11g, XML, AJAX, JSON, Javascript, TIBCO, Architectural patterns, SSRS etc are my area of expertise. 

Recently, i got my Australian PR, so i am planning to go there and search for a job. I would like to get your valuable inputs to know, how important are certifications to get a good IT job with my skills in Australia?

Which are certifications you think is going to make my profile strong and attractive ?

It will be highly appreciated if you can suggest me what to do now. 

Thanks,

Sumesh

• Moved by Richard MuellerMVP Saturday, September 28, 2013 3:46 PM Not a "TechNet Wiki Discussion" question
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:04 PM

Answers

• Which are certifications you think is going to make my profile strong and attractive ?

The ones that are currently being demanded by Australian employers.

The only way that you are going to find that out is to look at Australian job sites to see which skills are currently being demanded by Australian employers.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:36 PM
  • Hi,

You also asked how important certifications could be when looking for a job. Being certified Always helps and will give you an advantage over candidates that are not certified. The combination of work experience and certification is even better. Your CV is your personal sales brochure and certification will definitely help to make it look good.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

MCSE:Server Infrastructure, MCSE:Desktop Infrastructure, MCSA Server 2012, Citrix CCIA & CCEE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 Twitter: @dnyvandam http://www.dannyvandam.net

Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:38 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• The TechNet Wiki is a library of information about Microsoft technologies, written by the community for the community. It is inspired by Wikipedia. Anyone who joins can participate and contribute content.

Forums are for discussions and questions about a specific technology area. This forum is for discussions and questions about the TechNet Wiki. I will look for a more appropriate forum for your question and move it there.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, September 28, 2013 3:43 PM
  • Which are certifications you think is going to make my profile strong and attractive ?

The ones that are currently being demanded by Australian employers.

The only way that you are going to find that out is to look at Australian job sites to see which skills are currently being demanded by Australian employers.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:36 PM
  • As trip_to_tokyo says, you need to look for the certifications that are in great demand in Australia. Choose such a certification (more than one is preferred) and achieve it. It should help you.

Balaji Kundalam

Saturday, September 28, 2013 5:00 PM
  • Hi,

You also asked how important certifications could be when looking for a job. Being certified Always helps and will give you an advantage over candidates that are not certified. The combination of work experience and certification is even better. Your CV is your personal sales brochure and certification will definitely help to make it look good.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

MCSE:Server Infrastructure, MCSE:Desktop Infrastructure, MCSA Server 2012, Citrix CCIA & CCEE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 Twitter: @dnyvandam http://www.dannyvandam.net

Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:38 AM
    Answerer