Status staying at Risk - need to Renew RRS feed

• Question

• I have a subsciption that was renewed on 1/3/2008.  I cancelled the subscription on 1/24/2008 but had it reinstated again the very next day on 1/25/2008.  The subscription information in the bottom left corner now shows that the subscription ends 1/3/2009 which is correct, however the status is staying red "At Risk".

In the details section it says:

Urgent

Renew to stay protected.

OneCare protection for this PC has ended.  Renew your subscription now to help protect your PC and files.  (Note: After you renew, this notice may persist for a day.)

How can I get the status of this PC back to green/good? 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneCare, starting and stopping the service, having it fix the PC date/time, etc.

Nothing I've tried seems to work.  Any suggestions?

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:37 PM

Answers

• When you sign in with the LiveID for the subscription at http://billing.microsoft.com is the OneCare subscription showing active?

When you activated OneCare following the uninstall/reinstall, did the status immediately go red, but the date shown for expiration still show up correctly?

I suspect you may need to follow up with support again. I think that your subscription may look like it is active, but a piece that is supposed to trigger the status in OneCare, a certificate, wasn't properly updated on the server.

-steve

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:18 AM

All replies

• Can you explain how you cancelled and reinstated the subscription? The original expiration leads me to believe that this was there before you cancelled, but that OneCare currently believes that your account was cancelled. You may need to reinstall and activate to get this corrected.

-steve

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:31 PM
  • I cancelled and reinstated through OneCare Billing Support - Service Number: SRX1056492215ID

The reason I cancelled the subscription was that I thought I could purchase a second subscription with my primary LiveId and be able to manage 6 computers instead of 3.  When I found out I could not do that then I immediately had this subscription reinstated.  (This was a secondary subscription using a secondary LiveId.)

This account and computer had a good/green status up until 1/24/2008 when the subscription was cancelled.  I received an email the very next day (1/25) from Billing Support that the account was sussessfully reinstated but the status has been red ever since.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and activating Live OneCare, but even that hasn't worked.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:15 PM
  • When you sign in with the LiveID for the subscription at http://billing.microsoft.com is the OneCare subscription showing active?

When you activated OneCare following the uninstall/reinstall, did the status immediately go red, but the date shown for expiration still show up correctly?

I suspect you may need to follow up with support again. I think that your subscription may look like it is active, but a piece that is supposed to trigger the status in OneCare, a certificate, wasn't properly updated on the server.

-steve

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:18 AM
  • I'll give technical support a call when I get home from work tonight.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:39 PM