Updating the Case entity on Creation of Service Activity using Workflow not working. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement in that i need to update Case entity with the value of Resources from Service Activity entity on create of Service Activity.

For this i have created a workflow on Create of Service activity to update Case entity with the Resource name in a Custom attribute Engineer.

When i am creating the service Activity it is not Updating the Case entity.

Can any body help me in this regard.

Regards,
    Mohammad.Riyazuddin.
    CRM Consultant
    Mohammad Riyazuddin CRM Consultant
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 6:58 AM

Answers

• If your Update step tries to update 'Regarding (Case)' entity, this error means either the 'Regarding' field is not set or it is set to an entity other than a 'Case'.
    Was the service activity created with 'Regarding' field set to a Case?
    You may also want to check if there are any plugins that might change the value of this field.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:52 PM

All replies

• Can you tell if the workflow is firing? - perhaps you can also try having it update a (test) text field and see if the problem is in the update or the data being updated.
    Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 10:53 PM
  • Dear Scott Sewell,

I have tried by making the workflow On demand also, when i am executing the manually also it is not working.

Regards,
    Mohammad.Riyazuddin.
    CRM Consultant
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:26 AM
  • Please check the scope of the workflow. If the scope is User (default setting) and the Service activity is owned by another user, the workflow will not fire. In that you may want to increase the scope to Business Unit or Organization.

Another thing to check is whether the Asynchronous Processing Service is running. If you are seeing the 'Workflow Expansion Task' in the system jobs grid and if it stays in 'Waiting for Resources', it generally means the Service is not running.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:26 AM
  • Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your support. I have checked the system jobs, the workflow status is cancelled and it is throwing an error " A record required by this workflow job could not be found"

Regards,
    Mohammad.Riyazuddin.
    CRM Consultant
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:05 AM
  • If your Update step tries to update 'Regarding (Case)' entity, this error means either the 'Regarding' field is not set or it is set to an entity other than a 'Case'.
    Was the service activity created with 'Regarding' field set to a Case?
    You may also want to check if there are any plugins that might change the value of this field.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:52 PM