locked
CRM 2011 beta - organization status "pending" RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

     

    I recently installed CRM 2011 beta on my laptop for testing purposes and I've come across a strange issue.  I performed a clean installation, not an upgrade, and when I look in Deployment Manager my organizaton has a status of "pending", the version says 5.0.9585.101, and it tells me an update is available.

     

    For information the sample data import is also not working - it states that it is "waiting for resources", yet everything else is working just fine, all services running, machine rebooted many times etc.

     

    In case it matters, this is not a virtual machine and all required components (SQL etc.) are running natively on the laptop.  The laptop is a domain controller in its own domain, and all CRM & SQL services are running as domain admin accounts.

    Monday, March 14, 2011 10:10 AM

Answers

  • Update...

     

    I created a new organization (as mentioned above) and this worked perfectly, sample data installing in a matter of seconds, and no mention of "Pending" in the organization state.  Back to Deployment Manager where I deleted the old organization then imported it back in.  A warning was displayed saying that one or more language packs needed updating after this organization was added (nonsense, as the organization had been created clean with no data, plus the server & machine language are the same as the CRM language - US English) and the import continued after this.  Once imported the "old" organization showed as "Enabled" with no update available.  Oh, and when I looked at the "old" organization and checked its languages, none were displayed - not a surprise as I hadn't installed any in the first place.  Also the sample data import seemed to have completed as a part of doing the import.

     

    So, I changed nothing, just deleted and re-imported my organization, and all was fine.  Too weird...

    • Marked as answer by Peter_Lee Monday, March 14, 2011 3:17 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 3:17 PM

All replies

  • Seems like you are trying to import an organization from the different deployment or version (possibly), so you get the message!

    If this is an import organization attempt, you could well look into the import logs to find the exact cause of this issue.


    Cheers, Edwin
    • Edited by Edwin2win Monday, March 14, 2011 11:16 AM Spell
    Monday, March 14, 2011 11:15 AM
  • Edwin,

     

    No - this is a clean installation .  I've created a new organization from scratch - this is not an upgrade, and I'm not importing an organization.

     

    For information, where are the "import logs"?

    Monday, March 14, 2011 11:21 AM
  • Few Clarifications,

    • Was the installation successful without any warning or error messages?
    - You could investigate the logs in the following location - C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs
    • Were you able to browse the URL in IE?
    - If not, what is the error message?
    • Were you able to create a new organization from the deployment manager?
    • Finally, if none works - you could try running a repair on the CRM Installation.

    Let us know with the results!


    Cheers, Edwin
    Monday, March 14, 2011 12:55 PM
  • Edwin,

     

    1.  The installation was absolutely fine - I'm using it now on my laptop.

    2.  I take it you mean can I use CRM?  If so, yes - see previous answer.

    3.  Why would I want to create another one?  I only want the one organization - the one I created during the installation.  Just to see though I created a new organization and that one shows as "Enabled" with an update "not available".

    4.  Already tried a Repair - no change, my organization still says "Pending" and that there is an update available.

     

    Regarding the sample data installation (BTW the sample data I'm talking about is the data supplied with the beta - where you go to Settings / Data Management / Sample Data) I've restarted the workflow services (and rebooted the whole machine numerous times), deleted the import jobs, tried again, but the import tasks all still say "waiting for resources".

    • Marked as answer by Peter_Lee Monday, March 14, 2011 3:17 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Peter_Lee Monday, March 14, 2011 3:17 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 1:45 PM
  • Update...

     

    I created a new organization (as mentioned above) and this worked perfectly, sample data installing in a matter of seconds, and no mention of "Pending" in the organization state.  Back to Deployment Manager where I deleted the old organization then imported it back in.  A warning was displayed saying that one or more language packs needed updating after this organization was added (nonsense, as the organization had been created clean with no data, plus the server & machine language are the same as the CRM language - US English) and the import continued after this.  Once imported the "old" organization showed as "Enabled" with no update available.  Oh, and when I looked at the "old" organization and checked its languages, none were displayed - not a surprise as I hadn't installed any in the first place.  Also the sample data import seemed to have completed as a part of doing the import.

     

    So, I changed nothing, just deleted and re-imported my organization, and all was fine.  Too weird...

    • Marked as answer by Peter_Lee Monday, March 14, 2011 3:17 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 3:17 PM
  • :)-

    :)-

    :)-


    Cheers, Edwin
    • Proposed as answer by Jay123Johnson Monday, March 28, 2011 7:20 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jay123Johnson Monday, March 28, 2011 7:20 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 5:45 PM
  • Make sure your CRM Async service is started.
    • Proposed as answer by Jay123Johnson Monday, March 28, 2011 7:21 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Peter_Lee Monday, March 28, 2011 9:23 PM
    Monday, March 28, 2011 7:21 PM