First E-Mail Is Not Being Tracked RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with the CRM 4.0 Add-in for Outlook.

I have set it so CRM contacts automatically have their emails tracked. This is all working fine except for the first e-mail. For example:

• I send a NEW email to ContactA (a CRM contact) and the message will not be tracked. The icon does not change to the CRM icon and i cannot see if being tracked.
    • ContactA replies to the above e-mail, Outlook/CRM Add-in will pickup that they're a CRM contact and track the message automatically
    • All further e-mails between myself and ContactA will be tracked automatically.

Why is the initial e-mail not being tracked? If Outlook/CRM can detect the contact as a CRM contact once they reply, why does it not detect them as a contact for the initial E-mail?

I have tried the above on:

• Multiple machines
    • Outlook 2007
    • Outlook 2010
    • Different E-mail accounts
    • Different contacts
    • New CRM contacts
    • Existing CRM contacts
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 8:36 PM

Answers

• right, that option says "From".  The initial e-mail is not From a CRM Contact, Lead or Account, it is from you or another user.  You must select to track ALL e-mails if you want the initial e-mail to be tracked.  Otherwiise you have to manually track the initial e-mail if you send it.

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by ...JoNam Monday, June 13, 2011 12:37 AM
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:42 PM

All replies

• If you read through the option in the setting doesn't it say something like 'track e-mails in response to......."  If you want the first e-mail tracked, I believe you'll need to select the Track and Set Regarding or Set Regarding from the grid view.

Regards, Donna

Friday, June 10, 2011 1:10 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Are you referring to:
    "Select the e-mail messages to track in Microsoft Dynamics CRM"

If so, i have set this to "E-mail messages from CRM leaders, Contacts and Accounts"

I could not find any "Track e-mails in response to..."

You're saying that if i want to have the initial e-mail tracked i will need to manually click the "Track in CRM" button?

Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:29 PM
  • right, that option says "From".  The initial e-mail is not From a CRM Contact, Lead or Account, it is from you or another user.  You must select to track ALL e-mails if you want the initial e-mail to be tracked.  Otherwiise you have to manually track the initial e-mail if you send it.

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by ...JoNam Monday, June 13, 2011 12:37 AM
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:42 PM
  • It seems a bit odd that you can't track the first message! Thank you for you help though, that answers my question.

Monday, June 13, 2011 12:37 AM