none
How long have you been using MS money, plus a couple of other questions....... RRS feed

• Question

• I've been a long term user of MS money going from Money 95 up to what appears to be "Money 11.0" (Judging from the help/about dialog). Put it this way - My first transaction recorded was in June 1998.

I don't believe there is any other product out there that I've used for 17+ years (possible exception is my microwave which was second hand when I got it in 1993, and is still going strong). As a dedicated *nix user this has been a bit of an anathema to me - but credit where it's due. It has worked for me.

Either way - Money has been an invaluable tool. Partly by showing me when I was *about* to fsckup financially (many times!), but mainly by enabling me to see I could retire v.v.early (I worked for a shower of B*stards - and hated it.)

I have 3 questions for the forum.

• How long have you been using MS money (ie: what is your earliest recorded transaction)?
    • What benefit has it brought to your life?
    • What would you change?

Thanks in advance.....

Sunday, February 8, 2015 3:28 PM

All replies

• Earliest recorded transaction was 28th Feb 1997

Benefits: It takes me very little time to do my tax returns (I have to do 3 as I have a business return and a personal return in New Zealand and I still have to do a UK return)

Change: Give access to the underlying "database" to do our own reporting.  I recently realised that I hadn't received a bank statement on an account for several years but I can't find a way to report on last reconciled date for all accounts

Saturday, May 9, 2015 2:42 AM
  • In Money 2000 International English (version 8.0.14.1015) and from the Home page, click on 'Accounts' and in the left hand pane click on 'Balance an Account' ~ you should see a list of all your: Bank accounts, Credit accounts and your Asset accounts but no Investment accounts - together with each Account Number # - and the Date Last Reconcilled.

Other versions of Money may not show this.

Teabag

Saturday, May 9, 2015 8:32 AM