none
Dexterity 14 Incompatible Types

Question

• I have libraries I use with my Dexterity project using interop.  One of the libraries is used to encrypt and decrypt data.  The class has two properties that are securestrings.  I can compile the code in version 12 just fine.  but if I take the same exact code into dex 14, it fails with an error "Incompatible Type detected" on the set for the two properties.

Is there something new we have to do to use complex data types in dex 14?

Greg Kowieski The World On-Line

• Moved by Fred Bao Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:41 AM Not A EntityFramework Related issue
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Greg Kowieski,

From your description, I am not sure if I understand it, however, this issue is not an Entity Framework issue which is discussed in current forum you posted to. And it is not clear what exactly you are trying to do. I move it to the where the forum is for forum there are forum experts might help redirect it to a proper forum.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:39 AM
  • Might try in one of the dynamics communities.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/aa937751.aspx

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:50 AM
  • Good news for anyone stumbling on this thread. The issue was fixed in the R2 release of GP 2015/dexterity.

Greg Kowieski The World On-Line

• Marked as answer by Greg Kowieski Monday, June 22, 2015 4:21 PM
    Monday, June 22, 2015 4:21 PM