locked
Unable to retrieve post from server RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hey there,

    Writer is actually fantastic, i love working with it. But actually i have problems with it. It'd be so devastating to me if i had to leave it and use  other clients. My problems are summed up into

    1- When i try to post I get the following error:

    The server reported an error with the following URL:

    http://www.blogger.com/feeds/67065438079*******/posts/default

    415 Unsupported Media Type

    2- When i try to retrieve a post using "Open" from the menu , I get the following error:

    An unexpected error occurred while trying to log in:

    Server Error - The server reported an error with the following URL: (same as the above URL)

    415 Unsupported media type.

    Note that I am only trying to post text no media objects at all. and I am using the latest version of Windows Live Writer. and obviously I am using Blogger. I also use a custom template that I have downloaded from the internet.

     

     What I do to Overcome this is:

     1- Go to Tools>Accounts.

    2- Click on my Account.

    3- Click on " Update Account Configuration" > click "next" (withoutdoing any changes) and wait for it to load and finish.

    And then I'm good to go for another Post before these errors start all over again.

     

    So, is there something wrong with my template or what?

     

    Thanks a lot

    Regards.

    Sunday, January 25, 2009 11:28 AM

Answers

  • Hey,

     

    I found out what was causing all this mess. I had another blog on wrodpress.com that I don't use anymore. I addeed this account to writer, but then i wanted to change to blogger. So, instead of adding a new account in writer with blogger details, I modify the account i used for for wrodpress.com (in writer) and i just enter the blogger account information. And for some reason writer didn't recognize that it's a blogger and not a wordpress.com anymore, and continued to use this account as a wordpress account. Now we and writer share the  same amount of being idiots. Me being so lazy to just create a new account for god's sake and writer for that it made me think that it would recognize automatically what stuff is it reading. If at the first place when creating a new account it automatically recognizes the type of data and the type of blog website it's dealing with (wether it's a blogger account, wordpress, livejournal or any other blog hosting websites), then it should recognize that also when i change the details of any old account or at least notifies me that it won't work or whatever. And the fact that it worked every time I refresh the account data (as mentioned before) made it harder for me to troubleshoot it. Anyways I confess that was big stupid thing of me.

     

    Thanks a lot for all of who cared to reply for my issue.

     

    I love writer and the whole Windows Live Essentials 2009, Really!  (From a Linux extermist ;)   )

    • Marked as answer by mave-rick Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:28 AM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:26 AM

All replies

  • Very strange. Can you e-mail me at joe.cheng *AT* microsoft.com with a link to this thread? I need to ask you for some more information. Thanks.

    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:48 PM
  • This is very similar, if not the exact same problem (same workaround) I'm seeing using the AtomPub protocol.

    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:42 PM
  • Hey,

     

    I found out what was causing all this mess. I had another blog on wrodpress.com that I don't use anymore. I addeed this account to writer, but then i wanted to change to blogger. So, instead of adding a new account in writer with blogger details, I modify the account i used for for wrodpress.com (in writer) and i just enter the blogger account information. And for some reason writer didn't recognize that it's a blogger and not a wordpress.com anymore, and continued to use this account as a wordpress account. Now we and writer share the  same amount of being idiots. Me being so lazy to just create a new account for god's sake and writer for that it made me think that it would recognize automatically what stuff is it reading. If at the first place when creating a new account it automatically recognizes the type of data and the type of blog website it's dealing with (wether it's a blogger account, wordpress, livejournal or any other blog hosting websites), then it should recognize that also when i change the details of any old account or at least notifies me that it won't work or whatever. And the fact that it worked every time I refresh the account data (as mentioned before) made it harder for me to troubleshoot it. Anyways I confess that was big stupid thing of me.

     

    Thanks a lot for all of who cared to reply for my issue.

     

    I love writer and the whole Windows Live Essentials 2009, Really!  (From a Linux extermist ;)   )

    • Marked as answer by mave-rick Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:28 AM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:26 AM
  • You're right, Writer should know better. I'll open a bug for this, thanks.
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:34 AM