none
How to fix the data after sync failed? RRS feed

• Question

• I encountered the conflict "LocalDeleteRemoteUpdate" and the data on the server do not copy to the Local database. Can I make changes with the tracking table, so that the data can copy to the local database through the next sync?

Thanks!

JZ

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:18 PM

Answers

• you should not be manually removing entries in the tracking table. sync fx uses that to record metadata on what has been inserted/updated/deleted.

anyways, setting the conflict resolution to Continue doesnt resolve the conflict, you simply told it to continue synchronizing without specifying which one wins.

i suggest you look up ApplyAction Enumeration in the documentation.

• Marked as answer by jz2012 Tuesday, June 4, 2013 11:47 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:31 AM

All replies

• just do a dummy update on the row itself and it should update the tracking table.

going back to the conflict, what conflict resolution did you specify when you got the conflict? 

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:16 AM
  • I use the default action "Continue". Please advise which is the better one solution.

I did a dummy update but still got the "LocalCleanedupDeleteRemoteUpdate" error. This made sense to me since the local rows did not exist.

By the way, I deleted all the data in the tracking table on client side and make a dummy update on the server. the tracking tables on the client get populated, but the actual table still remain empty. It is so wired.

Please advise!

Thanks!

JZ

• Edited by jz2012 Monday, June 3, 2013 6:49 PM
    Monday, June 3, 2013 1:51 PM
  • you should not be manually removing entries in the tracking table. sync fx uses that to record metadata on what has been inserted/updated/deleted.

anyways, setting the conflict resolution to Continue doesnt resolve the conflict, you simply told it to continue synchronizing without specifying which one wins.

i suggest you look up ApplyAction Enumeration in the documentation.

• Marked as answer by jz2012 Tuesday, June 4, 2013 11:47 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:31 AM