Client (Mobile device) and Server(typically SQL Server) synchronization samples RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to try Client (Mobile device) and Server(typically SQL Server) synchronization, could anybody tell me where can i get sample application for the same ??

Regards,

Parag Dave

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 9:32 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Parag,

The runtime does not support mobile devices yet. We are working on it so stay tuned.

Thanks

Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:48 PM
  • Hi Rafik,

But there is some sample code available on the MSDN for syncing SQL Serevr and SQL Server CE databases, So what I could make out from ur reply is if the runtime dosent support Mobile device then I guess syncing the Sql Server CE database shoudent work, Please correct if I am wrong.

Also I guess the File synching should be possible between the Mobile device and the desktop once the runtime starts supporting it.

Is it possible to write a service like Active Sync using Sync Framework ??

Regards,

Parag Dave

Friday, November 30, 2007 4:03 AM
  • Hi Parag,

These samples work for the desktop and not for devices. The devices version is in the works and should be out in couple of months or so.

True, once the framework is enabled for devices, you should get file sync for devices too.

Yes, Sync Framework enables you to build pretty sophisticated sync systems similar to Active Sync even more advanced ones since active sync is not peer to peer enabled.

Thanks 

Friday, November 30, 2007 10:54 PM