WHS 2011 using remote web access, media folders don't show files from shared folders RRS feed

• Question

• Although media sharing is turned on, and folders are set for complete read/write access, the user has full rights for read/write access, the folders are empty and show there are no files in those folders. But when you click on the shared folders all the music and pictures are within these folders. The video and picture media folder list 1 file which when clicking on the file it says it is not a valid video file and the path listed for the file is

•HomePicturesSoftware (ServerFolders)

•The second or third time I connected to the web server, the media folders contained the media like they were supposed to.

Rick Cunningham
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 7:14 PM

All replies

• It can take a while for the Server to build the library - that's probably what you were experiencing before it started working.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 7:29 PM
  • It has been set for weeks with same result. All though after this post I turned off media sharing, removed all rights to all shared folders, then turned media sharing back on,didn't turn my rights back to read/write, then loged back on, all media was showing in media files. the music folder had a lettle red x on it but I could go in and view all my music but could not play music, I then went to pics and was able to view and use slide show again. I then went back to home and none of the music was there but all pics remained. I loged out set my permissions again then loged back in and the music was there, I tried to play and it didn't play once again and when I went to the home screen, it had an error in media side and gave a link to come here.
    Rick Cunningham
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 7:57 PM
  • It can take a while for the Server to build the library - that's probably what you were experiencing before it started working.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Can you define a while ? I have rebuilt the Media Player database, rebooted the server but still videos, pictures and music are showing  as zero files in spite of the fact that there are files in the shares
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 11:59 PM
  • looks like the same issue what i have....

all media folders show zero files

if i check the published folders, i can see all the files

looks like the medialibrary did not refresh !

rebuilding media library did not help, after that i rebooted the server.... and now the medialibrary displays all files

but thats not a solution for real, might be a bug in medialibraryhandling.

in general there should be an option to refresh the medialibrary from WHS Homepage.

• Edited by cpw_imhotep Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:38 AM update
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:32 AM