Uploading photo's to Photo Webshare requires a mapped drive????? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I don't think I'm doing something wrong but I'm blown away that when I try to add photo's to the Photo's Webshare using the Upload Photo's/Upload Tool, none of the photo folders from the WHS are displayed.  I have to go to Windows and map the photo, video and music folders so I can select them and add a photo.  This doesn't make sense.  Is it a bug that's going to be fixed or am I doing something wrong?
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:05 PM

Answers

• WebShare is an application supplied by HP, not Microsoft. Unfortunately, it's not really fully aware of the environment it's operating in, so it doesn't give you the ability to copy from your server shares.
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:31 PM

All replies

• WebShare is an application supplied by HP, not Microsoft. Unfortunately, it's not really fully aware of the environment it's operating in, so it doesn't give you the ability to copy from your server shares.
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:31 PM
  • I use Google's Picasa on my client PC's to manage my pics. I too had to map the drive (folder) on WHS before Picasa could see it. But it works great....
    Friday, July 18, 2008 1:19 AM
  • I have mapped my photos folder but when I try to upload photos to webshare I can only do it one at a time.  What am I doing wrong?  Before PP1 I could select multiple photos at once.
    Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:29 AM
  • WebShare uses a control in Internet Explorer to allow uploading multiple photos at once. If you're using another browser, such as Firefox, you'll only be able to upload one photo at a time. In this case even using a Firefox add-in such as IETab won't help.
    Sunday, July 27, 2008 1:40 PM
  • Thank you very much.  That WAS the right answer.

Joe
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:40 PM
  • All,

Just to be clear, I use the Microsoft's Internet Explorer version 7.

Chuck Coleman

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:37 AM