Data Connections have been dropped from my server explorer in VS 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi hoping that someone will be able to help me with this.

I've recently just did a windows update on my machine and now when I open VS and open my solution all of my "data connections" in the "Server Explorer" have gone and I have to add new ones.

My solution has a connection string in the web.config and my app works, but I can not drag tables/SP's over into the solution against that existing Connection String

Does anyone know if I can import the data connection into my "Server Explorer" tab

Another way of looking at this is that if two developers where to work on a project when the second take the project to their computer they need to be using the same connection string so how would the second developer add that defined connection string to the project.
    • Moved by YiChun Chen Monday, October 26, 2009 9:36 AM It's off topic here. (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Adrian Sweeney,

This forum is for the support of Visual Studio installation. Since your issue is related to ASP.NET, you could post your thread on ASP.NET Forum. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, October 26, 2009 9:36 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 9:36 AM